• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

X10 Module Repairs

milanlad

Standard Member
Does anyone know where I can get some X10 modules repaired?

I have a few appliance and lamp (AM12 and LM12) modules that have stopped fuctioning?

Are there any circuit diagrams available out there for these modules?

Many thanks in advance.

smjxm09

Does anyone know where I can get some X10 modules repaired?

I have a few appliance and lamp (AM12 and LM12) modules that have stopped fuctioning?

Are there any circuit diagrams available out there for these modules?

Many thanks in advance.

Is the controller battery operated? Have you changed the battery?

stoobie

Have you actually had them working? Did they all stop at the same time? How are you controling them? (what remote control?).

It is very unlikely they all stopped working unless there was some sort of power surge or something like that.

Stoobie

milanlad

Standard Member
Have you actually had them working? Did they all stop at the same time? How are you controling them? (what remote control?).

It is very unlikely they all stopped working unless there was some sort of power surge or something like that.

Stoobie

They have all worked before. They stopped functioning at different times.

However, last week, our power went off due to a network fault, but when it came back on it cycled the power two or three times within 1 second. The result of this was that another TM13 RF module and a power supply from my printer buffer blew.

davehk

It'll almost certainly be cheaper to buy new ones, labour rates being what they are.

milanlad

Standard Member
It'll almost certainly be cheaper to buy new ones, labour rates being what they are.

I was hoping to find a circuit diagram or info on which parts (triacs etc ) are used in these modules - I'm quite handy with a soldering iron and basic fault finding.

davehk

Quite often it's the VDR that pops when you get a power surge, but it generally takes a few other components with it and damages the PCB.

Is there any smell of burning? If so, this is probably what has happened in which case I would not try a repair, even if you can find the component values (I've tried to get schematics before with no luck).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom