X10 Lighting Query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by loonatic, Feb 20, 2005.

1. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have acquired some small 7cm halogen spotlights which run direct from the mains via a transformer that connects to 4 of the lights at a time…the transformer states that it is dimmable…I think they are meant to be used under kitchen cabinets.

What I would like to do is stick them in my ceiling and then remotely control them using X10 as I think that’s going to be the easiest option.

But what do I require to achieve this?

I have 4 sets of these lights making 12 in total with each one being rated at 20w at 12v and the transformer rated at 65VA each.

So…could I use a single LD11 DIN mounted lamp module to control all of the lights ? it says that its rated up to 700w.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated before I start drilling holes in my ceiling.

Cheers, Lee

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I dont think it would work on its own but it may work with an ld11 transformer have a look at simplyautomate code ld11lvTrans105va that might work. I find you can do most things with X10 it just takes a bit of lateral thinking most of the time.