• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

X10 Controller for Nokia 5800

DanHolley

Standard Member
Guys,

I have had a bit of a search on 'tinterweb for an X10 controller app for the Nokia 5800. There are such applications for the iPhone (X10 Commander) but I am struggling to find one for the 5800.Only asking for the 5800 as its the phone I have.

Do any of you chaps know of an application?

Just a bit of background, I do tech support for a gate automation (CAME) and access control (VIDEX) distributors and X10 controlling a set of gates/garage doors is something we are toying with as January/February is always quiet so we use it as our development time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ta
Dan

stoobie

Does that phone have IR output? If so it should be very easy, if not you will be able to use WiFi, but that gets a bit more complicated.

Let us on here know and we should be able to help.

Stoobie

stoobie

Hi again,

Just had a think about your options, I stupidly overlooked that the Nokia ia not a windows based phone, so I'm going to struggle to help as I'm a "windows" user and my initial enthusiasm and ideas may not help.

First thought, though, is you'd be better of using RF control as opposed to X10 as that is not so relaible. I run both! If you were going for X10 on cost grounds there are reasonably priced RF items available.

I'll give it some thought over the next couple of days and get back to you!

Stoobie

Last edited:

stoobie

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom