1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NEXUS-6, Oct 28, 2004.

1. NEXUS-6

NEXUS-6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I run my Infocus x1 in 16:9 there are dark grey borders above and below the pic. where the 4:3 pic would be. Is this normal? Otherwise the pic is very good even using a PS2 as source through composite video!

I'm thinking of buying a Yamaha RX-V640 and Toshiba SD240 from Richer Sounds and an RGB-sVHS cable, since the RGB-VGA cable bypasses the Faroudja de-interlacer (or so I've read). Is this Yamaha any good? Seems to get good reviews.

And on the point of X1 availability I bought mine yesterday from PC World Newport (S.Wales) and they had two left - £550 each. None left in Cardiff.

And finally - which ceiling mount? has anyone diy'ed!?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    It is quite normal for there to be dark grey borders above and below the picture as this is the light reflecting off the unused sections of the DLP chip which will never be perfectly black. This is also the reason why projectors with 16:9 DLP chips are far more suitable for movie use.

3. cleverdave2k

cleverdave2k
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    i diy'd a mount for mine no problem just buy the speaker brackets in the guide found around here.Make it up then take the plate off the unused bracket and screw it to the top screw on the x1 then put your modified mount over then line it up to the other 2 holes and tighten.Iv made it sound complicated its really is very simple to do

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Progressive Component video will give you the very best video image, followed by non-progressive component, then S-Video and finally composite. If at all possible, use component!

5. NEXUS-6

NEXUS-6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks guys. I'm new to this forum business so forgot to thank you promptly!

6. fruitloops

fruitloops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you who have an X1 or I guess any projector that has an 800x600 resoltuion you should really try a video to vga upscaler. The X1 happens to carry the capacity of 1024x768 just that the native is 800x600 resolution. The upscaler does two things, it converts ALL of the video signals coming in to 1024x768 which is great for regular tv channels and is able to correct the gamma and colors for the x1 and I suppose others as well.

7. fruitloops

fruitloops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0