x1 progressive

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ANDY DUTTON, Jan 8, 2004.

1. ANDY DUTTON

ANDY DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all i have just bought a cambridge audio DVD player with progressive scan.

my question is, at present i am viewing films with a cheap s-vid cable aprox 5m .

will getting a coponant cable and the x1 adaptor make much of a difference to the picture if so any one know of which budget conponant cable should i use

many thanks to a beginner in home cinema

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Andy,

I suspect that componant will improve your picture as you cannot attained a true progressive picture from s-video if my memory serves me correctly. Compoent will offer a jump in PQ anyhow.

As for which component cable -

Consider either

www.intoav.com

or look at Mark grants power buy page for belden component video found on this site under the av power buys page. Top stuff apparently.

Cap:)

3. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Andy

Getting a suitable cable is a problem because there are so many to choose from. Getting the Infocus Adaptor (unless you've already sourced one) is a whole different problem - mines been on order for 3 months!

Paul

4. Alan_Be

Alan_Be

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Wierdly enough I've just bought a Cambridge Audio 55 player which I presume is the same as your's.
    Linked up the s-video cable from the old DVD and switched on, after half an hour I was about to pack it up and send it back, really horrible video noise and banding on edges :(
    Decided to give it one last chance, I have an AE-300 and it came with a 3-way 2 metre cable so I moved the player and wired it up, loaded up Gladiator, swiched to progressive...and didn't breath for 2 minutes
    I was stunned, amazed.
    Don't know if you will get the same result on the X1 but I'd have to say it's worth it, my player's s-video output is pants and component is breath-taking.
    I'm ordering a 10-metre cable from Lektropacks.co.uk, only £33 (I have an 8-metre run)
    Go for it!