1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X1 owners

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jim McC, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Jim McC

Jim McC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy the Infocus X1, and run it in 16:9 mode with a 16:9 screen(B/O cloth). Size of screen will be 52"X92", sitting about 14-15 feet back. Will I be happy with this setup as far as image quality? I don't know if rainbows will affect me, but I have a 14 day trial period. Thanks for any input.

2. Jim McC

Jim McC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody?

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

If you have a look at the projector poll you will see that while there are some X1 owners about (and some recent posts declaring their satisfaction with their choice) it's not owned by loads of people. You will also notice that posting traffic on the forums at the moment is mainly people such as yourself looking for advice on their first purchase, so the fact that your thread hasn't raised any respose in the course of the day shouldn't come as a surprise......

You are very welcome to post here and I'm sure that the general membership is happy to help you if at all possible. you will, no doubt, be aware of avsforum.com, a USA oriented forum very similar to this one. It has numerous
    knowledgable X1 owners who might be prepared to give you their insight into owning the machine and their impression of its performance.

Your question (while understandable.............) isn't really answerable. Whether you will be happy with it as far as image quality is concerned depends on your expectations - If I were to say that I wouldn't be happy with it that doesn't really tell you anything, as my expectations might be very different to yours. As far as rainbows are concerned, the X1 has a slow wheel speed and can cause difficulties for those who are prone to rainbows, but there are legions of happy X1 owners in the US (and no doubt elsewhere) who have no issues with it.

I understand that in the US Infocus operate a trial period for you to test the projector and return it if you're unhappy - is this what you mean by 14 day trial ? If this is the case, give it a shot - you don't have anything to lose.

Sean G.