Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

x1 and progessive scan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ANDY DUTTON, Oct 20, 2003.

1. ANDY DUTTON

ANDY DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all just a quick question, i am thinking of upgradding my dvd player , i have a infocus x1 pj. does anyone know if the x1 is progressive scan compatable.

oh and anyone know where to get the componant conector from as the x1 comes minus one.

thanks to al......

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums......

Try the FAQ at the top of the page, it has a link to a very detailed X1 page..... you should find what you're looking for in there.

Sean G.

3. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Andy,

Yes, the X1 is progressive scan compatible – however, some users have found little difference with the budget players with progressive output. This is presumably due to the quality of the onboard Faroudja DCDi processing (de-interlacing) & the PixelWorks chip for GUI, scaling, keystone correction, and colour space conversion. Individually very good, but together a hard act to compete with!

Go to this site for (probably) all the background information you’ll need;
    http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/ the link referred to by theritz.

for progressive scan input you will need to use the VGA port on the X1, so if you already have component cables you’ll either need the Infocus SP-VESA-ADPT (6 inch adapter for 480p, 720p, 1080i component input to the VGA port) – I currently have one on back order (£11 + p&p) so unless you can find someone with a unit in stock you may have to wait. An alternative would be to go to a computer shop and get a breakout adaptor – these usually have the 15 pin D plug at one end and 5 BNC adaptors at the other, so you’ll also need 3 (you will only need to connect the red, green & blue leads) BNC to Phono socket converters.

Hope this helps

Paul

PS. I do not consider the Infocus Adaptors to be of great quality, and have only decided to get one now they are half their previous price - I don't have a progressive unit but may wish to try one in the future. Also, using the VGA input you will loose some of the X1's colour menu functions - so you may wish to ensure your choice of DVD player can provide these facilities.