1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x1 adaptor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ANDY DUTTON, Jan 13, 2004.

1. ANDY DUTTON

ANDY DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone let me know where i get get both s-vid and svga adaptor for the x1 , just got a new dvd player (cambridge audio dvdr55) and cant wait to see what progressive scan is like.
    finaly anyone seen progressive scan on the x1
    many thanks.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An LCD or DLP device can only display a "full" progressive image. Any improvements achieved by using a progressive scan capable DVD player are down to how good its deinterlacing is by comparison with the X1's in-built deinterlacer.

Given the X1 has Faroudja deinterlacing, I doubt whether an entry level to mid range DVD player with progressive scan would/will yield better results.

I think manufacturers are latching onto "progressive" as a marketing term these days with (uneducated) consumers assuming it must be better as a result.

My 2p.

:smoke:

3. scott686868

scott686868

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Z1 with Harman Kardon DVD30, tried it with an old Pioneer DVD player without progressive scan then plugged the Harman in, and, what a difference.

Much clearer and crisper picture,

mant thanks to my lovely wife for letting me buy it

4. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Andy,

Both these adaptors seem very hard to get hold of - I have been waiting three months for the Component to VGA one (SP-VESA-ADPT)! However, through a rather odd route I’m expecting a quote “direct equivalent” part in the next few days. I’ll let you know how I get on. Although I wont be able to test the adaptor, as I haven’t got a Progressive output DVD player yet. As for the component to Svideo (SP-VIDEO-ADPT) I have a spare one of these, so if £10 posted seems OK - PM me your address and I’ll post it out at the weekend. If you want to keep it, send me a cheque and if not just post it back.

Paul

5. DamianD

DamianD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't the component to s-video adapter supplied as standard with the X1? Quite a few sites list it as being so...

6. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi DamianD,

This was the case initially, until the production of the screenplay 4800. This would suggest that some sites still have not updated their info, indeed the user guide supplied with mine still has it listed, but contained a loose note to say this adaptor was no longer bundled

Paul