1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-VGA (Progressive) Output on Primare V25

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Landy, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Landy

Landy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been trying to connect to various projectors and Plasmas using the 15pin D-sub X-VGA output from the back of a Primare V25 DVD player. I am using the 15pin D-sub connection on the back of each device but I cannot get a picture on any device. All devices have up-scaling and downscaling capabilities but still no joy.

According to the manual, the X-VGA output, outputs progressive component. I am a bit confused about this as I have assumed that a 15pin D-sub outlet only outputs RGBHV.

Any advice please?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    The HD15 socket has 15pns that can be used in any manner the designer wishes. The most common is for RGBHV as you say, along with control. However many projector manufacturers allow the socket to be re-configured in user menu to receive component YPrPb through that socket. Y=G, R=Pr, B= Pb and the sync is combined and stcuk on Y.

DVD licence holders are not allowed to build DVD players that output RGBHV progressively. It is likely though that there is a hidden service menu somewhere on your unit to re-enable it. This is speculation on my part.

Gordon

3. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do not know for Primare but I know Arcam was doing experiments with this one.
    There are also some players rebuild to do it, although all unofficially.
    However as far as I know first results were not that good. On Arcam there were also some hidden menu to enable it so I guess Primare is the same.

Maybe some Primare user or "expert" will help here!