X-Men The Ultimate Collection Box Set

Sam V

Established Member
Reaction score
Picked this up today on Blu in store at HMV Windsor for £24.99 today.

Seems like a good price. £39.99 on play and Amazon currently.

A good way to put tokens to use :D

Does this set come with 7 BDs or 5 BDs? The French boxset was just 5 disc. If 5 disc, this is a downgrade in my opinion.

Does this set come with 7 BDs or 5 BDs? The French boxset was just 5 disc. If 5 disc, this is a downgrade in my opinion.

Just the 5 discs. Although there seems to be a good host of extras for each film so it doesnt feel like a downgrade really. To me at least

Couldnt tell you what is missing though between that and a 7 disc release though. I havent seen the 7 disc set.

Thanks

Sam

Although there seems to be a good host of extras for each film so it doesnt feel like a downgrade really. To me at least
You wouldn't say that, if you owned the 7 disc Quad set. ;)

You wouldn't say that, if you owned the 7 disc Quad set. ;)

:D

And the 'Ultimate' set is way over priced.

You can buy the now normal 4 BR Quadrilogy plus X-men First Class Triple Play separately cheaper.

If you really want it then wait, this is a set that will plummet in price in a couple of months, after all this is not the last X-men film and the older ones are really cheap now.

Oh well. Liberal use of the word Ultimate then :) You live and learn.

Luckily I only barely have time to watch the films rather than the extras so it will do....and it looks neat and tidy on the shelf while I work my way through them. £4.99 a film aint that bad.

That said .... if I hadn't used gift tokens and had used my own hard earned money it would likely be a different story and I would have done some more research before getting carried away by the shiny gold case.

I would be tempted to take it back and try to get the 7 Disc Quadrilogy set from Tesco online (they say its 7 discs) and the triple play version of first class for 9.99 somewhere. This would still come in at the same price as what I bought.

Oh well. Liberal use of the word Ultimate then :) You live and learn.

Luckily I only barely have time to watch the films rather than the extras so it will do....and it looks neat and tidy on the shelf while I work my way through them. £4.99 a film aint that bad.

That said .... if I hadn't used gift tokens and had used my own hard earned money it would likely be a different story and I would have done some more research before getting carried away by the shiny gold case.

I would be tempted to take it back and try to get the 7 Disc Quadrilogy set from Tesco online (they say its 7 discs) and the triple play version of first class for 9.99 somewhere. This would still come in at the same price as what I bought.

if your gonna buy the quad set (which i own) by it from zavvi..currently 12.95 (in stock). tesco are charging 15 quid..there ive saved you a few pennies to buy your x-men first class ..cheapest i can currently find for the quad set(in stock) although choices uk are cheaper @ 11.99 but out of stock. it actually dropped to 9.95 over xmas!!!!

edit 4 disc set only!
link

ironically zavvi are the cheapest for x-men first class triple play @ 9.95 link

theres bound to be a new ULTIMATE set everytime they release a new film..this will then be dirt cheap!

Last edited:
if your gonna buy the quad set (which i own) by it from zavvi..currently 12.95 (in stock). tesco are charging 15 quid..there ive saved you a few pennies to buy your x-men first class ..cheapest i can currently find for the quad set(in stock) although choices uk are cheaper @ 11.99 but out of stock. it actually dropped to 9.95 over xmas!!!!

link

ironically zavvi are the cheapest for x-men first class triple play @ 9.95 link

I think they were going to get the set from Tesco as the picture on their site shows the 7 disc set not the one with 4 though I certainly would not trust that.

Both sets do look very similar but there's a slight difference in the blu-ray logo at the top, 7 disc set, 4 disc set

theres bound to be a new ULTIMATE set everytime they release a new film..this will then be dirt cheap!

Agreed, there's supposed to be X-Men First Class 2, plus a sequel to Wolverine. There's also talk about X-men Origins Magneto and Deadpool.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think they were going to get the set from Tesco as the picture on their site shows the 7 disc set not the one with 4 though I certainly would not trust that.

Both sets do look very similar but there's a slight difference in the blu-ray logo at the top, 7 disc set, 4 disc set

Agreed, there's supposed to be X-Men First Class 2, plus a sequel to Wolverine. There's also talk about X-men Origins Magneto and Deadpool.

ha ha your only right jammy! - i have to get up pretty early in the morning, to catch you out...yeah my link to the zavvi set is for the 4 discer..not the 7 discer... ive just checked my set again and i do have the 7 disc set which i paid 15 quid for, it seems an unwelcome regular thing now to reduce the amount of discs and therefore lose the extras(after the set has been out for a while)...i here the same is about to happen to the alien boxset..great for people who just want the movies...not so great if you want everything!!!

i'll have to keep an eye on things like that as its easy to forget! ..(original post amended)

from what i have read on amazon..it seems like the super markets may have the best deals on the 7 disc set!

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom