1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Men Region 1 WILL have DTS

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chris6364, Aug 20, 2003.

1. chris6364

chris6364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    20th Century Fox have officially announced X-Men 2 for 25th November 2003 Stateside, and it will DEFINATELY have DTS sound!!!

visit this link for more details:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2174&n=1&burl=

I think thats good news! Also, if that's the case (and the DareDevil release was anything to go by) Region 2 should get everything the same - so get the DTS soundtrack too, although i'll be getting the region 1 version.

2. Stephen_Clive

Stephen_Clive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks like a great dvd, plenty of extras! Does anyone know who the people who are doing the second commentry are (Commentary by Lauren Shuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hyter)

3. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Looks like a great disc, i love the cover :smashin:

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Looks good to me too, I thought X2 was much better than the first one. The cover however could be greatly improved, say Famke Janssen wearing.....not much!? :D

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    I liked the first one but thought X2 was better, cover looks great :smashin: Looks like it will be region 1 for me though due to the DTS track, extras look good as well.

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lauren Shuler Donner is a producer who's married to Richard Donner the guy who directed Superman,Ladyhawke and the Lethal Weapon films, i thought i read somewhere that X Men 2 was now being released on 23rd september ?

7. Oakey

Oakey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    That's actually David Hayter, not David Hyter. He did the screenplay for X2 and X-Men (as well as other films) and he's also the voice of Snake in the Metal Gear Solid games.

8. chris6364

chris6364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like the release scheduling of X2 will be similar to DareDevil, with Region 1 getting it...LAST!

Australia and UK (regions 2+4) will be getting X2 on 29th October, and our cousins stateside will be waiting until 25th November - almost 1 month! We'll have to wait and see if that gap shortens as that was the original schedule for DareDevil back in June/July, then the difference was narrowed to a fortnight. I'll still probably be buying the region 1 for the usual reasons (no speed up and prog scan on my projector/dvd player!)

9. brifobwad

brifobwad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Will there be a .5 version for R2?

10. chris6364

chris6364

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The .5 of the original seems to have been created mainly because the original (.0?!) release wasn't as good as it shouldn't have been, and the lack of DTS.

X2 seems to have everything there to make a good companion to 1.5, so there dosen't appear to be a need for a 2.5 - that said, they're (Fox) likely to find a good enough* reason to do a 2.5 version

(*by good enough i mean, a good enough way of generating extra money for fox, probably late 2004 early 2005, when X-Men 3 should be hitting our screens!)

11. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +434