X-men: Quadrilogy for

Wow.. The blu set is cheaper than the DVD set.. Gotta say I like the way things are going even though I just like you bought it @17.99. Now I'm just waiting for the potc-set to drop :)

that is an absolute steal i gotta buy it! you can actually get £1 more cash for it in cex!

X-men: Quadrilogy for £14.99 @ HMV

X-men: Quadrilogy: 4blu (2009): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

Damn, I bought it for £17.99 few days back

just on this point, were i have bought items and then a couple of days later it has gone down in price..i fired off an email to the said companies and requested payment of the difference and it has worked both times..with zavvi and gameplay..it cant hurt and i would have just accepted it if they said no..so its worth a try..saved me an additional £5 quid...

just ordered this, just incase the price changes...i love this online price war..hmv,zavvi,amazon,shopto,play there all at it...the prices are fluctuating like mad..dirt cheap one day , then a tenner up the next , then back down again..its great for the consumer but we have to move fast to catch some of there bargains

Last edited:
Ordered :thumbsup: many thanks ;)

Also ordered, ta very muchly. :thumbsup:. By the way as with other BD releases (spider man 2 comes to mind) does one of the X men films come with the longer version included?

Last edited:
Also ordered, ta very muchly. :thumbsup:. By the way as with other BD releases (spider man 2 comes to mind) does one of the X men films come with the longer version included?

i would also like the answer to this, cant seem to find it anywhere?

i think there was an xmen 1.5 wasnt there?

just rechecked my order (ordered yesterday) , and it says awaiting stock allocation (stock allocation infers that it is not in stock and i will get one when they are in stock)..when i ordered it..it said ..in stock!..what a bummer...in fact its still showing as in stock! itsays shipping in 24 hrs..so they have used up 12 hrs so lets see what happens!?

im pretty sure this is not in stock as i can still cancel my order, regardless of what the internet page for it says. just rang customer services and got a message saying that because it is snowing, they will have a reduced telephone service ha ha..still want my quad set NOW!!!

Last edited:
None of the 3 "X-Men" films had longer cuts, though I think there could have been an arguement that a longer cut of the first and third films would have improved things, especially the 3rd film, where a lot of the cut material was (in my opinion) very good.

i would also like the answer to this, cant seem to find it anywhere?

i think there was an xmen 1.5 wasnt there?

There was an x-men 1.5. All 1.5 did was allow you to watch the movie and during the movie at certain points you seen the final scene which made it into the movie then it will cut to the deleted/extended scene that might of been in its place and then carry on playing the film untill the next break point for the next deleted scene and does this all the way through the movie.

It was out of place cause the scenes were not anamorphic and 2.0 and did not flow well. The blu-ray also does this as well and follows the same format as the DVD so it even worse jumping from HD to non anamorphic SD so I recommend you don't do it and just view the deleted scenes separately.

Last edited:
Wasn't the series on Blu Ray re released and of better quality than the original? if so which realise are in the box set the first or the re release?

I got the X2 and Wolverine and have been waiting for the other 2 to drop below £10 seeing on a number of times the quadrilogy been round £20 and did not like the idea of buying 2 disc for what I could get 4 for.

Wasn't the series on Blu Ray re released and of better quality than the original? if so which realise are in the box set the first or the re release?

I got the X2 and Wolverine and have been waiting for the other 2 to drop below £10 seeing on a number of times the quadrilogy been round £20 and did not like the idea of buying 2 disc for what I could get 4 for.

cant answer this one and didn know there were "improved versions" knocking around..id like to think that logic would prevail and this set would contain the improved versions..however "logic" and "distributors of content" are often words that dont appear together...

i suppose the only real way we would know, would be comparing catalogue numbers on both which i will gladly share when my set gets distributed!

love the new festive avatar by the way Garrett:smashin:

read an older thread about wolverine origins, not many people seemed to like it..i however loved it!

Last edited:
cant answer this one and didn know there were "improved versions" knocking around..id like to think that logic would prevail and this set would contain the improved versions..however "logic" and "distributors of content" are often words that dont appear together...

i suppose the only real way we would know, would be comparing catalogue numbers on both which i will gladly share when my set gets distributed!

love the new festive avatar by the way Garrett:smashin:

read an older thread about wolverine origins, not many people seemed to like it..i however loved it!

:smashin:Thanks the first time I changed it normal servies in the new year.

One way to tell is the original X3 had a group picture with the bridge in the background the new X3 has a X across the cover and looks similar to X1 and X2

Anyway asked in the Blu forum so any answers there please peeps.

I can't see how they'd be the old ones. I mean why would they go back repress the old ones after releasing the new ones? and the set was originally RRP £59.99, i would not pay that for old versions, also i think there was only ever one of the films re issued on a B50 instead of a BD25 and by all accounts on HD Digest it did not make any difference to quality.

Last edited:
X Men 1 to 3 are same as the individual two disc sets with Wolverine being just the BD (it was released as triple play on its own).

Only X Men 3 was re-released.

X Men 1 to 3 are same as the individual two disc sets with Wolverine being just the BD (it was released as triple play on its own).

Only X Men 3 was re-released.

ok..so weve established that x3 was re-released but is the "new" version included in this set?

just got off the phone with HMV..this is showing as in stock on the website and available for shipping in 24hrs...

i knew something was up as i can still cancel and my order says "awaiting stock allocation"and has been for 2 days...

I have been informed that actually it is NOT currently in stock...and is on order, which could be one to two weeks...

i was also informed that it is a real time website, and the information should be "accurate"..

I advised him that this obviously not the case, and is misleading the consumer, and can it be changed, he then suddenly said he couldnt get it changed as he had nothing to do with the website.

HMV have always been spot on and I have had a number of releases a week or so before release date...as of late, it seems that a few companies are struggling with demand...(tesco being another)..but the least we can expect is accurate information on what is supposed to be a "realtime" website...

and at the end of the day, its an old release, not avatar collectors edition????

i will hang in on this one though at that price...but anyone who ordered on or after 29/11/10...dont expect it anytime soon! and at this rate, anytime before xmas...:mad:

edit: actually looking back at the original post, i ordered on the day of the offer!!! so that makes it even worst! they have blantantly have mislead the consumer, unless they only had 2 copies in stock! just trying to reel in the xmas shoppers with a poor chance of getting it before christmas! this is very poor indeed by HMV..has anyone had theres shipped yet?

Last edited:
I orderd yesterday and it did not say out of stock and looking again still does not say out of stock. But last night I got an e-mail to check my order and a chance to cancel it which is as far as remeber has never happened before.:(

I just got an email, saying it is on the way:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom