1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Files Season Nine

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by alanrob, Jun 21, 2002.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Great to see the show back on song with the conspiracy stuff :)
    Pity nae Mulder though.

Enjoyed it much more than any of the last season episodes.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    alanrob,
    Shoot me for saying this...
    I've watched the show since the pilot, some of the best episodes were without/or minimal Mulder, it's like they had to try harder.
    I'm almost bored with the alien conspiracy thing, I prefer the stand alone episodes.
    Yes, I know the whole thread of the show is Mulder/Scully/Aliens and Mulder is my favourite character but there you go.
    So shoot me...

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think the X-Files without Mulder is much better. Without his overbearing presence Scully has become a much more interesting and dynamic character. I really like Dogget too - I like the way the tables have turned, he is the sceptic and Scully is the one coming up with the wild ideas.

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I'm with you there m8, but why did it take them a whole season to get this going? Every episode last season without Mulder was a complete drag. At least with this first (or should that be two) episode it has the drama and suspense back. Roll on next Thursday :D

5. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Said it before, and I thought I was alone in this view but it seem a significant number prefer Dogget.(but not enough? can this the reason for the series being cancelled , or just running out of ideas).

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There seems to be a strong suggestion that another X-Files movie will be made after the tv series has finished. The unfortunate thing is that I expect Mulder will be given a full starring role again, and Doggett will be relogated to the background (if he is in it at all).

7. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I like Patrick and Gish and wouldn't of minded a continuation of sorts with the pair.
    Scully has gone back to the 9 season long I don't believe bit; even after all the stuff she's seen and so no change there - apart from the psuedo taking of Mulder's role last time round with Doggett as her till she cracked.
    Scully more dynamic, can't take that from where I'm sitting? She has totally reverted to form - i.e. the ship lab scene with, "Oh look what they did, I could be here", well, ya ha, didn't we get that last season - in the guise of disbelief but now with the cushion of not wanting to accept because of the mom refusing to believe her kid is psychometrically gifted. Someone slap her please - Krycek, we have a job for you!!!!
    Lucy Lawless was a shocker of a turn up and nice to see her stretching herself away from hard woman status typecasting.
    I wonder if Sky trimmed the head job as it seemed premature in its offshoot? I didn't video it but think it was a total decapitation and so was left wondering whether these new bods carry some form of genetic memory throughout, or 'remote' electrical access?
    The whole concept is weird in a way, when you consider that here they have a way to make humanity immortal and pretty well indestructable which is considered bad - for who, undertakers?! You b'stards. Or is it the old super beings equal psychos so best not?
    That said I quite enjoyed it. But I too want some more of the individual wholesome eps. with serial killers, traumatised self-flagellating screw-ups and daemons that mock. Oh and Mitch Pileggi being more kick ass and less Krycek whipped - virus schmirus.

8. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And didn't you just love the bullet shot when Skinner killed Krycek, in the end of season 8
    :D