X files, new cheaper version (uk )

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Julien_25, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I hope this is the correct forum to ask this question...

You must be aware that new cheaper version of the x-file sare now available, I just wanted to know what other languages are present on those dvds?

Thank you for helping me!

2. RichardG

RichardG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Series 1 - English ONLY (Dolby 2.0 Surround) (1056mins runtime - 24eps incl pilot)
    Series 2 - English, French, Italian (All Dolby 2.0 Surround) (1100mins runtime - 25 eps)
    Series 3 - Same as Series 2 (1100mins runtime 24 eps)

Subs:

Series 1 - English
    Series 2 - English, French, Greek, Italian
    Series 3 - Same as Series 2

All Series 1.33 Fullscreen

Hope that helps!

3. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thank you very much for your answer!
    As I started watching the x-files in French, it's very pleasant to hear the dubbed version sometimes!

I got the 'expensive' season 1 onlyto discover that it's in english only
    :-(

So I think I am going to invest in those!!
    thanks again!

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,637
    The R2/R4 versions have been available from DVDCrave at £18 per Season for a few months now and I have been trying to decide whether or not to get them but I actually like the idea of only releasing three seasons at a time in the UK, no pressure to buy all 9 seasons at once like with the Australian sets and the sets Amazon.co.uk have are only about 20p more than the sets DVDCrave have so I think I will order Season 1 next week.

5. suzywong

suzywong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So are there any other differences between the older higher priced sets and the new cheapies? e.g. packaging?

6. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the packaging is the same as teh latest Fox releases (Millennium, Roswell...)

I actually got roswell season 1 from teh states and season 2 from here. They are very different , the reg 1 set cases 6 slim line dvd cases... quite cool. I do quite like the new fox sets though!

7. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aren't amazons sets like £29??

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,637
    The original X-Files sets were foldouts but the re-releases have the discs inside a rather large amaray DVD cases, my sister has Roswell Season 1-3 and I quite like the cases so dont mind the X-Files being in them for the price.

Also, just checked Amazon.co.uk and Season 1-3 are £24.49 each.

9. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just looked on dvd crave and the box sets are like £10 each... but no specifications...

on top of that there' s the shipping fees as well so I think i'll stick to AMazon or Play.

:)

10. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    And to think the original box sets were £90 on the high street. Imagine if you'd bought all 9 seasons at that price! :eek: :)

It's odd how Play still has the original sets priced at £60-72, while the digipacks are £27. Who the hell is gonna pay £72, when on the same site the digi pack versions £27. Who cares what extras are missing. My brother has seasons 1-6 and I can't remember any extras of particular note. ;)

11. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,637
    The sets on DVDCrave are identical to the UK sets expect for the packaging.

Also, they are £18.38 each and shipping is £5.67 per set so each Season will set you back £24.04 so unless you want all the Seasons at once I would stick with Amazon.co.uk, only 45p more and delivery will be alot quicker.

12. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    Remember there's always the chance that customs and excise will slap import tax on top, (plus the PO will add a handling charge). Plus it'll take roughly 7 days from dvdcrave compared to 2-3 from Amaozn or Play. For a £3 saving it's not worth it. Stick with Play or Amazon. :)

13. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys for your answers!

Season 4 to 9 any French audio Track??
    Thanks for letting me know!

:thumbsup:

14. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,064
    There is only a very little risk of customs with X Files from DVD Crave. I got seasons 7 to 9 from them in 3 days and no customs.

I got seasons 1 to 4 on R1 when they came out. They were £65 each !! I then decided to wait for cheaper R2/R4 versions. I got seaons 5 and 6 for a reduced price of £40 but that is still a lot more than the current re-releases.

15. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I agree I would definitely get the new UK releases instead of those available at DVD crave. The DVD crave DVDs of the X Files are bulky imitation amaray cases which are not very nice and hard/awkward to release the discs (at least they are for the early seasons).

I should say i was pleased with DVDcrave but these new ones are better!

The new releases in the UK have slimline packaging which is very nice indeed, for a relatively comparable price. I wish I had the first two seasons in the same new packaging instead of three different types of packaging (the original spread out Digipack pack, the cheap amaray style from DVD crave and now the new UK one).

The only downside I can see is that while the first few seasons have seven discs these cases were designed for six DVDs and the extras disk is in a slip at the back of the booklet. Other than that I really liked the new releases cases. :thumbsup:

Another plus for those lucky enough to buy all nine of the new re-releases , once they are all released, is that you can collect tokens that come with each season, send all 9 tokens off to Fox and the first 2000 people will get a limited edition box to keep all nine seasons in! :clap:

16. Julien_25

Julien_25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

could u confirm teh french track on season 2 & 3 please????

17. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,637
    I think back in August The X-Files boxsets were very tempting for anyone wanting the series cheap as the exchange rate was less so they only cost about £22 with shipping and no where else had them below £50 plus DVDCrave mark packages as $30 and a gift so you dont have to worry about customs but how much longer that will last is anyone guess.

18. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Just as a side-note, I went past my local cheapy discount bookstore today, and I noticed they were selling the original £79-99 "X-Files" VHS Boxed Sets for just £4-99 each! They have copies of all 9 seasons released, all still shrink-wrapped and everything! (So much for "Limited Editions", eh?!) I still remember actually paying full whack for the VHS version of Season 1! :eek:

Apart from the new-style packaging housing one of the discs on the back of the booklet (Bad packaging design, on that one, me thinks!), the new re-releases on DVD do look better, and the option to obtain a 9-season box to house them all in, is quite cool - at least for the first 200 people!

God how time flies! :laugh:

Pooch

19. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i'm really hacked off about these releases. its not the fact that they are cheaper it more that i really like the new boxes (same as Millennium, Murder one and Firefly). as the pressure on storage space gets ever stronger in my house (DVD's books, CD's video games etc etc) it would be nice to have them in smaller boxes.

I think i might have to contact fox and see if they will sell me the boxes.

gary

20. bom bom

bom bom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Let us know what happens about trying to get Fox to sell you the boxes!

Julien, If I remember I will have a look later to see if they contain a French track, although remember that only season three of my collection is the new re-release the version

21. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,064

So am I (just a little bit).

I have had the pleasure of having the DVD's since 1999 but I don't like the digipacks and have the discs stored in double amarays..

SVP communications (blankdiscshop.co.uk) sell 6 disc cases (like the Millennium packaging) and I use them for CSI. I am hoping someone will scan the covers in the future and I will just make my own covers and cases. The seventh disc can just be stored in a plastic sleeve.

22. mugma

mugma
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, just resurrecting this old thread wondering if anyone's managed to scan in the covers for the X-Files rereleases. Now collected all the new releases but still have S1, 2 and 3 in the old thicker cases so hoping someone might be able to help me out.