1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Files Box Set Price Reductions still happening?

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by FIZZBIN2003, May 10, 2004.

1. FIZZBIN2003

FIZZBIN2003
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I checked the UK Amazon site a couple of weeks ago and they showed all seasons of the X Files would be re-released this month in digipacks at a price of something like £35-£39.

Just checked again yesterday - and again today - and there's no longer any sign of those sets. All they have are the full price versions.

Has Fox cancelled the cheaper promotion or postponed it?:(

2. Megalomaniac

Megalomaniac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that - kinda worried, cos I really wanted them!!! Was gonna buy them, then a mate said they had taken them down :(

Hope they become cheap again!

3. philipjg

philipjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've read on another forum that these have now been cancelled.

I think most of the people there are now ordering them from www.dvdcrave.com . Not sure if I really fancy R4's though despite the low price.

4. shedsounds

shedsounds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats the problem with R4s? Ive used dvdcrave stacks and been delighted with the speed, quality of packaging and discs indistinguishable from uk or us discs quality wise and at £25 quid a box set too, bring it home daddy!

5. dluckman

dluckman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I recently received series 5 from DVD Crave at a cost of about £36 all in. Whilst I was very pleased with their service I personally found the pakgaging to be crap (in a word) - especially compared to the original releases. It is very cheap looking with gaudy colours, the retaining plastic on the amarays is like shrinkwrap and is all crinkled and the box has a details leaflet stuck on with tape.
    I think I will stick to buying the original collector's editions s/h.

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    thats strange dluckman

i've got seasons 1 -7 (so far), and season 6 is the region 4 version. Also got a R1, and the rest are R2. Now all are in the original 'classic' packaging, and there is no quality difference at all with the R4 one - as excellent as the others (packaging and disks).

:confused:

Dean

7. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Oh no! Thats terrible news!
    I was putting off buying 2nd hand ones from ebay and not buying from cd-wow, as i was waiting for these cheaper versions to come out. and now i dont wanna buy from cd-wow cus i'll probably get custom charges. :mad:

Oh, both my R4 are armary boxes, and the plastic does seen a little thin on them now u mention it.

8. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    My season 6 is in the original digipak (fold-out) type box, so i guess i must have got lucky then. I'd have been well pi**ed off if it had been different

Dean