X-files box-set coming soon

thanks for that...I was going to pay the full price for the box set but luckily i saw your thread :thumbsup:

:confused: This must be a re-release - the picture is identical to the one I own.

That really depresses me when I think of how much money I spent on the original DVD releases.

You could only have bought the first 2 series for what all 9 are costing now :(

Actually the feeling got worse, just remembered I had got up to season 6 on VHS then replaced them all with DVD, boy those VHS sets were expensive.

Yeah it's a re-release. Exactly the same as the one I got about 6 months ago for about £115.

Actually the feeling got worse, just remembered I had got up to season 6 on VHS then replaced them all with DVD, boy those VHS sets were expensive.
Yes - about £80/£90 weren't they? Good value in the grand scheme of things though: I remember the Star Trek videos I was getting at the sametime had just 2 episodes on a £12 VHS which worked out alot more per season than the X File boxsets. I got Series 1-4 but just didn't get time to watch them so stopped there. Now very slowly working my way through the DVDs.

I sold my x-file VHS sets to my pal, the mug :)

oo-oo just remembered I still have under the bed the first 8 eps of Series 1 that was released by HMV before FOX stopped them and released their own , anyone remember them?

I still have under the bed the first 8 eps of Series 1 that was released by HMV before FOX stopped them and released their own , anyone remember them?
I remember them! I brought them and was then really miffed when Fox stopped them are started TV movie releases instead.

I've still got them sealed, I was convinced that they'd be worth a small fortune one day. :lesson:

I too got this boxset last year for around the £125 mark and thought it was worth mentioning that alot of people had discs that were scratched or had glue stuck to them so make sure you order from a company that will let you swap out individual discs instead of the entire set.

Indiana Jones said:
I too got this boxset last year for around the £125 mark and thought it was worth mentioning that alot of people had discs that were scratched or had glue stuck to them so make sure you order from a company that will let you swap out individual discs instead of the entire set.

Whys that preferable?, either way you still get a free replacement and you've still got to trek to a post box/office to post it back, regardless of whether your sending back the full set or a single disc.

so are the dvds in the boxset the same as the expensive single sets? or the m-lock versions?

Cloysterpeteuk - Its preferable because the majority of the sets last year had something wrong with them so getting the whole thing replaced doesnt really help as you will have to send back the replacement and so on and so on but if you just get the bad discs swapped over it can be sorted in a single package.

danny2k5- The boxset contains the m-lock releases and in turn then contained the exact same discs as the expensive digi-pack sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom