X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card able to cope with DTS DVD sounds via Logitech zz500?

lowlandsmatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just a quick question -is the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card able to cope with DTS quality DVDs through my Logitech z5500 set? Could anyone recommend any other sound cards? I'm considering getting a custom build through CCL online and am mulling over options but must have great quality sound!

Thanks,

Matt

Does the logitech have analog out? If it does you can pass through DTS. If its got SPDIF you can also send out DD and DTS.

Hello all,

Just a quick question -is the X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card able to cope with DTS quality DVDs through my Logitech z5500 set? Could anyone recommend any other sound cards? I'm considering getting a custom build through CCL online and am mulling over options but must have great quality sound!

Thanks,

Not the X-FI Gamer card you can't or won't be able to hear DD/DTS, you see you need the Front part of the Soundcard that fits in an empty slot on the front of your Pc, and remember you'll have the connection sticking out of your system all the time your using it
I use the same on my Pc but to use or receive DD/DTS sound you'll need to buy a top end SoundCard like the Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS at least or better, i hope that helps.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14000

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom