X-Fi Titanium - PCI express card here finally!!

badbob

Banned
PCI-E soundcards is worse for audio, for some reason. Something to do with latency or bandwidth I forget which. Probably latency.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Hasn't the xtremeGamer been PCI-E for a while?

PCI-E has nearly twice the bandwidth of PCI and it's unshared rather than shared so I don't think that's an issue.

drummerjohn

Wouldn't touch Creative after the way they treated their consumers...

Xfi range suffers from pops and crackles - theres a 2000+ post on their forums. Creative blamed the motherboard manufacturers. GENIUS

They deliberately limited the driver capability of Xfi and older models in Vista to encourage sales of newer products. Then when some young genius makes the driver work they ban him from their forums. GENIUS

The Xfi sound hifi wise doesn't match that of the likes of Maudio and Asus.

I have an Xfi Platinum, Xfi Gamer and Maudio Revo 7.1. Creative - never again.

james.miller

PCI-E soundcards is worse for audio, for some reason. Something to do with latency or bandwidth I forget which. Probably latency.
Creative where the ones who started that rumor. which was proved to be nonsense when asus bought their pci-e cards out. As ever, it was a case of Creative being bone-idle and making excuses.

howardbut

Standard Member
I might only go for that for 3d audio gaming in Vista.... sound quality? no way! X-fi is never a candidate for sound quality!

freezspirit

Standard Member
Yep I'm in two minds to get another creative soundcard since my past experience hasn't given me any enjoyment just alot of hassle.

There has been alot of hype about the titanium so I'm going to wait and read some real customer reviews before chaancing again.

cdldt

Banned
Creative where the ones who started that rumor. which was proved to be nonsense when asus bought their pci-e cards out. As ever, it was a case of Creative being bone-idle and making excuses.
The only problem I'm aware of with [some] PCIe motherboards is that PCI (not PCIe) performance is poor and suffers from higher latencies, but PCIe performance itself is good. Some nForce4 boards had serious PCI performance issues but I've not noticed it with newer nVidia chipsets nor with the ATI SB600.

I use an Audigy 2ZS but I will never buy an X-Fi card because you're locked into using Creative's drivers. The Audigy is only usable for me thanks to the kx-project's driver. With Creative's driver it was one of the most frustrating pieces of hardware I've ever used.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom