1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X factor? Quality TV or ****?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by cwoj, Nov 6, 2004.

1. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watched X factor..IMHO i think its quality TV....It has it all drama, cheese and sadness? What do you think? :thumbsup:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    A formula that is already getting tired IMHO

3. IanW

IanW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +152
    I could be going out on a limb here but I think that the Simon Cowel bashing is getting a bit boring. Comments like 'Simon you would not know good music if it hit you' are a bit ridiculous given mr Cowel's track record (excuse the pun) and MILLIONS. Simon obviously knows a thing or two about music and what sells, quite frankly I find his honesty refreshing.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Moved from General Chat

5. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    the worst thing is how somehow louis walsh is also extremely successful yet he is possibly the most horrendously sycophantic man i think i ever have had the mispleasure of watching..

simon cowell speaks his mind and to be fair to him 9/10 times hes absolutely spot on with some of the dross/horrendous covers that these acts produce, if only the other judges were the same and actually made the contest genuinely interesting rather than the aforementioned cowell bashing

6. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know where your comming from but its a format that works and to be honest its a mix of entertainment and music. I think that the simon bash/basing (ianw) has been sued that many times that it is boring and he does know what hes doing...in fact most of the losers will end up with recording contracts... but damm its good tv. sorry to see tonights two to go (excuse the pun) i think they were better than the girls

7. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't really like/watch this sort of thing and on the odd time that I have it, look's like they are making money out of other people's ambitions.

Sorry but not my cup of tea.

8. Logo Hater

Logo Hater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    But all those contestants are more than happy to be given the chance to be exploited, if indeed they are.

They get the chance to become famous much more quickly than if they don't get to show what they can do on TV shows such as these.

I would guess that given a choice between the long hard slog to become famous, or this quick fix method, they would willingly choose this. The evidence is all the people who audition to be given the chance, they turn up in their thousands.

9. plaver

plaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    It's manifactured bands, that can't sing or write there own lyrics, are killing the music business. Very sad and :censored: TV for the masses

The only talented person got voted off by the panel tonight, need I say more.

10. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    How's the last winner of Pop Idol getting on.........michelle whatshername ?
    Obscurity already ?

Haven't Simon Fuller & Simon Cowell fallen out over X-Factor as well ?
    I thought Fuller was supposed to be sueing as he sees it as a rip off of Pop Idol .

11. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I totally agree that all the contestants turn up of their own free will, but at the end of the day the only real winners are the Cowell/Simon and Fullers of this world.
    Cheap to make and the £££'s come flowing in for the programme makers.

12. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i cant see how thats a manufactured, you have existing groups and single artists. There just given an opportunity to develop a skill hey already have.

& whats wrong if people like simon make money along the way. The world is full of people you make money from other peoples skills and misfortune. Solictitors, Laywers, Max Clifford!!!!, News Papers, Drug Companies...the list goes on

13. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    ...to waste my eye muscle on this drivel. C'mon, has Saturday night TV really improved from 10 years ago when Noels House Party ruled the airwaves? Ant and Dec are doing exactly the same thing for Pete's sake !! The X Factor....well, words fail me apart from some of these people who appear really need our sympathy, because at best they are talentless and all have the same club singer warble or at worst they are a prime example of how Care in the Community is failing our mentally ill members of society.

Watch all you will, but I have DVD's, Sky Plus and oh yeah A LIFE outside the house, rather than wasting my time on this. :devil:

14. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Granted, there is nothing wrong with making money, but I don't like to see that arrogant muppet Cowell making it by taking the mickey out of talentless people for his financial benefit and for entertainment. :)

15. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its a format that works though...if he was just nice as pie then i suspect the show would end up being quite dull. Even his stupid comments are entertaining!!

16. ns1col

ns1col

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes i agree that it works very well, but it's not up against much on the other channels.

Even though I don't like it my other half and kid's watch it on itv1 and when it's finished, turn over to itv2. :laugh:

17. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,037
    I have to confess, I like it.

The auditions were hilarious (did you see the guy from the chicken factory?... funniest thing I've see for ages :laugh: ) and despite what peoeple are saying here, they have found some genuine talent.

By opening up the contest to older people and groups, its not just a wannabe show. Some of them have been doing what they do for years without any recognition and have a proper musical ediucation and a genuine talent.

The blind guy who was voted off last night has an unbelievable gift. If you've not watched the show, you'll probably refuse to believe it... but people with the ability to play any instrument, write and sing, all to such a high standard are very very rare.

Some of them are rubbish, but there IS some talent in there this time round and I actually think Simon Cowell is funny.