X-Com Declassified: The Bureau

Nice....just need to stop playing Dota and get back to normal games :)

The Bureau
worth keeping an eye on in conjunction with and vouchers between now and release

this is a 25% off one GMG25-VJWFX-5O2IL

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
£26.99
PC Download
25% OFF Voucher
− £6.74 GMG25-VJWFX-5O2IL
Total you pay
£20.25

Last edited:
I think it looks really promising. The whole game lies on how the AI is, both from your men and the aliens.

There was one scene in the gameplay video that showed the commander telling the troops to take cover and one of the men ran around the wrong side of the wall and sat in full view for a few seconds, then decided to jump over to where he was told to go.

If things like that are commonplace then the game could be really annoying to play.

Apart from that, it looks like it could be a really unique cover shooter.

I am really interested in this. Generally I am completely against pre-ordering for fear of having a "colonial marines" pulled on me.

but (and this is only IF it reaches level 3) xcom ufo is worth £10 alone, and then there is all the other bumpf as well.

If i hadnt purchased xcom last week i would have been all over this, and thus broken my golden rule.

as it is however, I did! so i can wait till it is in a steam sale.

is it just me or is that an alan davies soundalike doing the commentary ? The game looks ok. I will pick up in a steam sale :)

I'll wait for this too, as I have special ops the line and X-Com already. I don't know why but something's telling me this is going to be crap! Hope not but....

I'll wait for this too, as I have special ops the line and X-Com already. I don't know why but something's telling me this is going to be crap! Hope not but....

I feel the same, watching that video it all looks a bit meh.

I dunno.

I like 3rd person cover based shooters
I like being able to issue commands to ai like in rainbow 6
I like the research trees that you get in xcom &
I like shooting aliens

so for me there is a lot there to like. So long as the basic game mechanics work I am confident it will be good, really, could they possibly screw it up that badly???.**

**mind you, I said exactly the same thing about colonial marines.

The thing that I love about X-Com games is that you're on an almost equal footing to the aliens in terms of firepower, and being outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 can be deadly.

This looks like any other shooter where you're dealing with waves and waves of enemies

This looks right up my alley, nothing like the last xcom obviously but definitely my cup of tea

The thing that I love about X-Com games is that you're on an almost equal footing to the aliens in terms of firepower, and being outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 can be deadly.

This looks like any other shooter where you're dealing with waves and waves of enemies

that is the tutorial however, and even in the earliest xcom games, the basic sectoids are 1 shot kills. The very nature of it being fully human controllable means it is inevitable that they have to up the enemy count somewhat.

personally what i really DONT want to see is making the enemies complete bullet sponges (gears insane are you listening??)

I would much rather have heaps of badguys than making them unfairly strong. I guess in a real time game they have to go either 1 way or the other, (large numbers or stupid health) otherwise the game would be way too easy.

I just started playing Enemy Unknown last night, and I lost about 3 hours of my life in a flash!

i know what you mean..... It is the 1st game in ages (years) since i have been stuck at work itching to get home to carry on (and worse still i may not even get a gaming pass from the boss this weekend).

Whilst i am looking forward to The bureau, I would be far more excited if firaxis annnounced xcom terror from the deep!. (Random comment.... Even after all this time I am still not used to calling it xcom, does anyone know why they the name was different in the EU compared to American and why the name was changed???)

Aye its such a good game, one of my favourites in ages

I get sad when my guys die.. I worked so hard to get them up the ranks.. Then *poof*, they're dead... :(

I get sad when my guys die.. I worked so hard to get them up the ranks.. Then *poof*, they're dead... :(

This and the kerbals in kerbal space program make me far sadder than they should when i send them to their death :blush:.

Are you playing in iron man mode?

predictable but i am sad none the less.

The continuity i suppose i can swallow (pretty much every xcom game has had the same problem) however still it sounds a major dissapointment.

i will still pick up in a sale i imagine. :)

EGM Now – 8
TheSixthAxis – 8
VentureBeat – 80/100
Joystiq – 4/5
Polygon – 7
OPM – 7
OXM – 7
GameReactor – 7
MTV Multiplayer – 7
Gamespot – 6
GamesRadar – 3/5
The Escapist – 3/5
IGN – 5.5
Destructoid – 4.5
Kotaku – no score – “Yes”
Rock, Paper, Shotgun – no score – “stumbles from mission to mission rather than striding”

ouch, this is disappointing :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom