X-Box s-video

higenbs1

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for the X-Box to output an S-Video signal through a SCART lead? All I've been able to achieve is RGB.

I don't think so via scart , but I use s-video via a 4-pin plug from a Joytech advanced x-box lead and plug this into a scart adaptor thus giving me my DVD player via RGB into one scart socket and x-box via s-video into my second scart.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that. Good idea. Don't suppose you know where you got your SCART to S-Vid adaptor?

Nowhere special, Comet I think.

Just got me X Box s'morning birthday pressie from wife.
Having come straight to the forums for it appears SVideo is a prob.
From the previous posts Im assuming you got a XBox advanced scart cable with optical lead built in then a scart to Svideo adapter which gives you svideo(need it so I can carry my sole Svideo signal to PJ)

Does it work ?? As im going down Dixons this morning !!

Regards Matt........

If you're looking for a straight Xbox - S Video cable, then I've got a Gamester Hi Def lead that might sort you right out...The output from the console goes into a block that then outputs (deep breath) S-vid, composite, component, stereo phonos and optical audio. The stereo phonos and either s-vid or composite can then go into a scart adapter. If you're PJ'd up, can't you just use component? Possibly a silly question, but I have to ask.

If you're interested in the lead, PM me, as I don't need it anymore (RGB scart now in place)

Originally posted by Malone
From the previous posts Im assuming you got a XBox advanced scart cable with optical lead built in then a scart to Svideo adapter which gives you svideo(need it so I can carry my sole Svideo signal to PJ)

No Matt, that's not it. You need a Joytech Advanced digital AV cable that has a 4-pin s-vhs plug, simply plugging the microsoft lead into an s-video scart will give you a composite signal - yuk! Go to www.joytech.co.uk look under x-box then under digital AV cable to see what I'm on about.

RGB is better than s-video, partic for the x-box, but my dvd player rules the roost and gets the RGB scart, x-box gets second pickings and goes in s-video.

Originally posted by deckard

RGB is better than s-video, partic for the x-box, but my dvd player rules the roost and gets the RGB scart, x-box gets second pickings and goes in s-video.

Get yourself to Argos then and buy a scart switch box then you can have both running RGB for around £8 :smashin:

Gotta say bargain of the century. Went down to Dixons to pick up a few games etc and chap behind the counter had a Joytech Digital AV Cable as mentioned for 97p yep you heard right 0.97p
plus buy 2 games get 3rd free and picked up Xbox Live kit. All I need now is a 3 or 4 way ethenet router so can connect PC/PS2?Xbox and im away!!
No doubt there is loads of posts regarding routers for Xbox so i'll try search. I was interested in 4 way wireless thingy in blue?? with a thick black rubber aerial, not sure the make??
Is the mic/headphone gizmo only for online chat or can you control any movement of grunts in Ghost recon??

P.S
I have only got S-Video running to PJ and no component leads. I have spent enough on stuff so far, so the RGB to Component(for DVD player ) will have to wait Even if I have to buy new leads the 97p wont have been a waste of money!!

Originally posted by Taz
Get yourself to Argos then and buy a scart switch box then you can have both running RGB for around £8 :smashin:

No ta Taz, I'll let my TV do all the signal switching for me. Don't want to have to off my fat arse to switch signals!! (and I don't believe putting my expensive scart leads through a cheapo switchbox will be doing the signals any favours). Did think about a quattro a while back but decided I could put up with x-box on s-video considering the cost involved.

Originally posted by Malone
Gotta say bargain of the century. Went down to Dixons to pick up a few games etc and chap behind the counter had a Joytech Digital AV Cable as mentioned for 97p yep you heard right 0.97p

97p!!!! *** that's ridiculous, absolute bargain Malone!:smashin:

If you still need a Svideo Scart for Xbox I will Sell you one for say £5.00
Including P&P I only have 2 left
Send me a mail and we could sort it out for you

:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom