X-Box progressive without component?

deadfolk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently gotten a Panasonic PW6 plasma screen, and would very much like to get progessive scan working on my X-Box, using the softmod.

HOWEVER, I have my DVD player attached to the component board on the screen. So my question is: is there a way of getting progressive scan without using component input? I can't bring myself to spend £120+ on a component switcher. :thumbsdow

Cheers,

Matt

No its the only way I am afraid. Lik Sang do a manual component switch for around £10 shipped I seem to remember.

Just checked, they dont seem to sell it anymore. I bought one but never used it. Will see if I can find it.

Cool - thanks. I had no idea that there was an 'affordable' alternative.

Maybe I'll try ebay.

All it is a cable with two component sockets on and a switch. Not ideal but it works.

Yes. What I meant was two sets of plugs, actually 6 plugs strickly speaking.

Not wanting to take money from Harris' pocket, but do you have an AV amp?. I ask as many recent amps have component video switching built into them eg:Yamaha 650 which would do the same job as buying a switch box.

Not a problem whatever works best ! I have the amp you mention. Its very good !

That X2VGA looks very interesting. So I just plug it direct into the X-Box, and it outputs VGA?
Presumably, you still have to softmod?

Well, I just did the softmod, and it was a doddle!
Given that, I have now ordered an x2vga - it was exactly what I needed, as I have my DVD going to the VGA in on the screen, and I can just put that on the passthru port on the X2VGA. Perfect!

Thanks for all the help, guys :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom