X-Box Pro Evo 5 Saturday Night

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Pooon, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    Hopefully people will remember this forum is here and see this post.

Anywho, i'll be online Saturday night for some footie action so if anyone else is gonna be around post here, with your GT, and i'll try and give you a game. if there's enough interest early enough we could run a small competition

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    I may have to dabble and see if I can get a copy tomorrow - it feels awful not to have PES on lauch day. :(

3. thefantasticmrh

thefantasticmrh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Didn't get my copy either, anyone who ordered from HMV got their PS2 copy yet? If it comes tomorrow I'll be online.

Chris

GT: fantasticmrh

4. cheechy

cheechy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Got my copy on the PS2 today so I'm up for it. No idea how it'll work on the network on the PS2 so we'll have to see :D

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    I can see some confusion developing here now the PS2 version is online. Pooontang is referring to the X-Box version. I guess if we are going to start PES online threads then we will have to state if they are for X-box or PS2 people. I'll edit this one to X-box.

6. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    :hiya:

7. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Don't forget PC after next week :D

8. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    What time you going on tonight?

9. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    Munkey - i finish work at 5pm, so home by 5:40pm, online by 6pm till 2/3am!!! so whenever you want a wooping i'll be on!!

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Now then boys, I picked up a copy in town today so i'm up for a few games tonight. :smashin:

11. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    Some good games last night Munkey and CAS. 'tis a shame that neither of you defeated the mighty pooon, maybe next time a :devil:

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Yes, I popped back on later but you'd gone all American on me :D . For some bizarre reason I had been playing all of my games in Normal camera mode as opposed to Wide mode :rolleyes: .

Anyway, i'll be up for a rematch today if you're about anytime. I played a few games against the 3 star AI (which I had been struggling to beat on Normal camera :rolleyes: ) and found it much easier.

If you're about as well Munks then i'll give you a few games as well. We kept missing each other last night (I guess that's the problem if you are playing our of sync games on PES).

Also cheers to Spanna for the games, if you're about later i'm up for a re-match :smashin:

13. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    Yeah i was playing doubledizzle from the kevlarlounge in our NHL tournament. I actaully managed to win both games so i'm top of the group!

i might be around later tonight if your around

14. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    What NHL game do you play Pooon? I've only got NHL 2K4 as it was cheap with good reviews, but, surprise surprise, no-one's ever on. Might be good to have a crack sometime...

Anyways, sorry about that 2-0 THRASHING earlier, taking all your points ;) We should get a tourney going again really, though I'm noticing its a bit barren when I do an Optimatch search... Hope it'll pick up, it should as the Live implementation is SO much better this time. Catch you soon guys... :hiya:

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Sounds like it's been a fairly bad day for the Pooon on PES ;) . Cheers for the games earlier, it's nice to get my points up at last :smashin: .

We should definately get some sort of tourney going. The most annoying thing about online PES is that sometimes you can never get to play someone if your games are out of sync as when you finish you invite them and then they decline as they are in game so you take another invite and then get one from the other person half way through your game, who is then back in another game once you've finished. It should have a clock beside the players name showing game time remaining.

The live implementation is much better, I love the new scoring system and the way that you can check back over your last 10 games. The swap of host at half time is a good idea and I especially like the new gamer card which tells you a persons results, score, amount of disconnects etc.

One thing that would be good is if you could go into a lobby room and if you weren't playing a game then you could spectate one of the other games. That would be great in tourneys so that if there were say 16 of you then you could all be in the same room. If they also integrated tourneys in with this lobby system then it would be great as you could have either the cup tree or the league table showing on the lobby screen along with upcoming fixtures. Here's hoping for PES6 on the 360!! :clap:

I also know what you mean re: trying to get a game! Took me ages earlier and kept saying that my challenge was not accepted. Then I hosted and after a few minutes waiting I actually got a game!

16. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    I`m also not having much luck finding games, so if ok with you, I will add you both (CAS, Pooon Tang) to my friends list :cool:

Spoony.

17. General Zod

General Zod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Feel free to add my Gamertag.

I firmly sit in the camp of playing for fun (I'm not too great at the game) and having a laugh while learning and experimenting with the tactics etc.

GamerTag : TrueStepper

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    No probs mate, look forward to playing you :smashin:

19. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Boys, over in Australia taking a year out of life seeing the sights, planning a potential move....

The only thing I am missing is Pro Evo! How is it shaping up?

Pete.

20. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    It's great Pete,a much better Live implementation that in PES4. There seems to be quite a few of us on here playing it so hopefully we can get a tourney going over the next couple of weeks!

Nice one with the Aussie trip! It's somewhere i've always wanted to go, but not made it yet :thumbsup: . The Rugby League is superb over there, although sadly the season is not on at the moment.

21. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    For my sins it is NHL06 from EA :eek: so far i've not seen it in a shop so i ordered mine from game.net for about £30 iirc

22. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    alright gay boys im back after a week away i know you missed my input :laugh: & ive hopefully aqquired a copy of PES5 for £20 of these forums so perpare to hammer me on live untill i get used to the xbox controller, then your ass's are mine and stevie G's :devil:

23. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    You've been away :confused: :devil: . Nice one fella, will look forward to taking a few points off you ;) .

Get a dreambox converter to connect a PS2 pad (about £11 from Liksang). They are superb and the only difference to the PS2 is that you have to have the shoulder buttons upside down (which is actually better and results in less broken PS2 pads - the R1 button always goes after a fair bit of use as sprint, R2 is stronger. It also means that the most used shoulder controls (Sprint and Change Player) are on the bigger buttons).

24. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i will see if i can pick up a converter off fleabay or somewhere as when i order stuff from lik-sang it takes ages to arrive and im to impatient to wait :) i cant see the converter's being to different from one another

25. Top Gunner

Top Gunner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Not got my copy of PES5 yet as been away, got it on order now though. Noticed half my friend list are on PES5 which is encouraging.

So, what do you guys make of it, so far I have heard that it is tougher to score, how is the lag issue? Is there one? Any other major improvements?

Cheers & see you online soon.

26. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Personally I think it's great! I played WE9 a bit before this and it's very similar to that. It takes a bit of time to get used to and you really have to pass the ball around patiently until you can see an opening. The game runs at a slower pace to PES4 and players like Henry & Owen don't have the ability to just run away from defenders with the ball. Martins is still pretty quick, although even he can be caught, unless his run is perfectly timed.

Through balls need to be timed to perfection and random through balls will almost always get picked up by the opponents defense. The game feels much more like real footbal and player strength plays a big part in on the ball tussles. Lighter, weaker players, whilst generally having good speed, can be easily shrigged off the ball in tackles. Scoring is harder, mainly because chances are much more limited than they were in PES4. Defender AI works better, as does the keepers and attackers get no where near as much time on the ball as before.

It's difficult not to foul at times, especially when you are under pressure and need the ball back. Tackles, like everything in PES5, need to be timed to perfection.

I'd say that you almost have to re-learn large parts of the game with Tackling and creating chances being the main areas. If you play it like PES4 then you will create very little, end up with about 20 fouls and most likely get thumped 5-0. It's closer IMO to real football than any previous version to date (although I do still think that PES3 has been perhaps the most "fun" game of the series, even if it did have several flaws) and games are usually very tight (0-0's are common as are 1-0's, 1-1's & 2-1' s etc.). There is probably the biggest sense of achievement in scoring on this version than in previous versions as more often than not a goal comes from a well worked move and sharp finish. Lucky goals & easy goals (such as the chip and wing cut back goal) are now all but gone for the better. EDIT: chips can still be scored but not with the ease that they could before.

Lag still exists although like PES4 if you have 2 players with good connections, commentary off, PC off etc. then you can enjoy a pretty lag free game. It also swaps host at half time so that each player at least gets a lag free half. The live implementation is also better in that it show's your last 10 results and players also have a gamer card which displays stats including the amount of disconnections a player has had. You therefore avoid players with a high proportion of disconnects. There is also a 2v2 player option although it's 2 players per x-box not 4 individual live players unfortunately.

All in all a worthy update that will keep us all occupied until the 360 version is out. Let downs include :-

- no widescreen or high def
    - no updated transfers
    - Live implementation could still be better with online tourneys and player lobby's/rooms.

27. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    No worries mate, ill add you if ive still got space. we should get lag free games if your in Kent, nice and close

28. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    will hopefully have mine up and running by friday so any fairies wanna take on the european champ's bring it :devil:

29. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    Two words.... Crystal & Palace :thumbsup: .

30. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    two for you and all else **** & OFF ;)