X Box One - Things You Need to Know

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
I am considering purchasing a second hand X Box One but don't really know much about the console

I have been reading up a bit and looking at the classifieds on here and have seen various things such as digital games being no use as the previous owner can delete their account but I cannot find any proper information on this and there may be other things I need to be aware of

I am just wondering if anybody could fill me in on any need to know things regarding the XBO before I take the plunge

Appreciate any help and advice

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
No I haven't sorry, I don't know why but I didn't even think of checking Xbox's own site. That should have been obvious shouldn't it? I'm still half asleep!

Thanks for the link, I just came straight into the Hardware sub forum so didn't see that. Will have a read of the link now, thanks for your help and not jumping down my throat for not finding the link, as some users would have

King Tones

Distinguished Member
No worries, the Xbox.com site wont have all info like Digital Purchases and things like how that works but any questions just ask am sure we can answer them. But always worth reading up a bit in case any questions can be answered by the FAQ or site.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Ok, had a read of the link, some helpful info on there so thanks again but still couldn't see anything about digital games. Somebody did ask the question but then said they'd found the answer, without actually revealing the answer

Basically some of the XBO's I'm looking at on eBay advertise that they come with games but are these games only of use if they are the physical disc? Please could you explain how the digital games work and the restrictions of them?

Miss Mandy

Digital games are tied to the account that purchased them so if that is the previous owners account and they have removed it, the games are no longer accessible.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Thanks Miss Mandy, appreciate the reply

So basically any digital games are useless and not worth paying attention to in the listings?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
You get 2 licenses when you purchase a Digital Game, 1 for the console and 1 for the gamertag.
If the seller buys another console and adds their gamertag and makes the new console as their home console then you will lose access to the games.

If the games are on the HDD then you will be able to play them but you may lose access to them in the future or you may not be able to access them at all.

There are some good deals on new consoles with games so worth looking around.

Imo I would buy new, you get a gurantee and any problems you can easily return it and its new and shiny ;)

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Digital games are tied to the account that purchased them so if that is the previous owners account and they have removed it, the games are no longer accessible.

Not exactly, you get 2 licenses for each game. 1 for the console and 1 for the gamertag.
The Home console will have access to the games until the gamertag is setup on another console and that one set as home.

Its how people share digital games and reduce the cost of them.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks for the info, bit sneaky that of Microsoft

King Tones, I was looking at new ones but you can get one for a couple of months old still in warranty with a couple of games (Titanfall, Ryse, Tomb Rader etc so decent games) for the same price or less than a new console with only one or no games. That's why I'm swaying to second hand but I am OCD so new may be the way to go. Decisions, decisions

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom