Answered X-Box one controller problem - won't switch on

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else has come across this...

When I press the X-Box button on my controller, the light flashes, then turns solid....and then 2 seconds later it just switches off. I've tried fresh batteries, but it happens every single time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just wondered if anyone else has come across this...

When I press the X-Box button on my controller, the light flashes, then turns solid....and then 2 seconds later it just switches off. I've tried fresh batteries, but it happens every single time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Does it do the same via only USB? cos as soon as you plug one in it comes on.

As GMC says, try the USB cable and also run the Xbox accessories app to see if there's any updates maybe.

I had the same behavior with my Elite controller. I had the dongle / receiver plugged into a hub with other devices attached which were drawing too much power. I disconnected those and it works without a problem now.

Not sure if you have a similar setup but may be something related to that.

I had the same behavior with my Elite controller. I had the dongle / receiver plugged into a hub with other devices attached which were drawing too much power. I disconnected those and it works without a problem now.

Not sure if you have a similar setup but may be something related to that.

Same issue with my standard launch day controller (before Bluetooth and the headphone jack), I had the dongle plugged in to my PC but the controller would not always connect. Unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in would work.

I've also saw something online about it possibly being a power management issue so I did try changing my USB power saving setting in Device Manager. I'm not sure this helped but I noticed it happening a lot less (could just be me thinking it slightly helped though)

Fix issue: USB Ports not Working in Windows 10

Thanks chaps. I plugged in a USB cable and it sorted the problem; I've no idea exactly what happened, but plugging it in via USB turn the X-Box light solid so I could use the controller again, and from then on it's worked wirelessly each time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom