X-box NTSC & PAL Game Problem

thfccambs

Ex Member
Reaction score
Is anyone have this problem?
I've got my x-box set up for hi-def with av component pack(.Lik-sang).I have set it to ntsc and have ticked 480 720 1080(think thats right) in the video.When i got to play some games from the hard drive it just comes up as no signal on the plasma.The x-box is still on so im not to sure what the problem is?Also when i clicked on media centre it also showed no signal on the plasma,this is only when set at NTSC,when set at PAL no problems.A few of the games are shark tale and sonic heros that have this problem with.
Using xecuter 3 chip and 120g HD. :confused:

I have the same prob with Tiger Woods, i guess its because PAL games are not meant to run prog scan and so the game video decorders throw a wobble, the only way around it is to play PAL im afriad, unless anyone else has any ideas

But if you have 480 ticked in the video section won't it play the game at that?Also why does it happen when i click on media centre do you have that problem?

hunts1uk said:
Is anyone have this problem?
I've got my x-box set up for hi-def with av component pack(.Lik-sang).I have set it to ntsc and have ticked 480 720 1080(think thats right) in the video.When i got to play some games from the hard drive it just comes up as no signal on the plasma.The x-box is still on so im not to sure what the problem is?Also when i clicked on media centre it also showed no signal on the plasma,this is only when set at NTSC,when set at PAL no problems.A few of the games are shark tale and sonic heros that have this problem with.
Using xecuter 3 chip and 120g HD. :confused:

Can your Plasma do the required res at 60Hz?

I have found my plasma plays all games fine, yet my Rear Pro, which does do up to 1080i, won't play 720p or 1080i games. The reason I believe, is it only supports 720p and 1080i at 50Hz and doesn't support 60Hz. All 480p games play fine.

Check your manual for your plasma and see what it says. Try turning off 720p or 1080i on the XB and check if the games now play. If they do, your display is the problem.

I have the panasonic PW7 what plasma do you use?

I can't imagine that it is your plasma, but my rear pro is a current model panasonic too.

I'd check your manual though, just to be sure.

My plasma is a Hitachi which works fine, but it supports 50/60 Hz and that is the only difference I can see between my rear pro and my plasma.

Johnny
Just read on xbox scene that if i change my setting to

PUT EVOX MODE IN DEFAULT (REGION)
AND VIDEO MODE IN MS DASHBOARD ON PAL 60.

It might sort out my problem.

P.S anyone know where i can find PUT EVOX MODE IN DEFAULT (REGION) in the menu?

There are a view pal titles that wont play (display) in HD. Timesplitters 2 comes to mind but there are a few others. There is a patch apparently you can download that fixes the problem.

So im going to just have to keep changing the settings from PAL to NTSC,as there seems no other way around this then?

There is only a handful of titles where its a problem I dont know if Tiger woods is one of them. The only title I have ever had a problem with is Time SPlitters 2.

Sonic heros,shark tale ,TW 2005 and wolfenstein i am unable to play in NTSC so far.

Well i have unticked 480 leaving 720 and 1080 ticked and now the games play set at NTSC.Will now see if i can get into the media centre.

P.s just checked and can now get into media centre when x-box is set at NTSC. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom