1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X box live

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by MrBurns, Nov 9, 2004.

1. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a Bt voyager 105 modem and aol broadband. How do i directly connect my modem to my xbox? Do i need a cross over cable? is this the same as the USB cable that goes from the back of my pc into my modem??

Thx, :)

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    if you have a USB modem, which it sounds like you have, then you can't connect it to your xbox, you will need to run a network cable from your xbox to your pc, or buy a router/modem to link it to. If you choose the xbox to PC route you will need to set-up 'internet connection sharing' visit xbox for a guide to setting it up.

3. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Connect the Ethernet out port on the PC NIC to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox console using the cross-over cable". I found this step on the xbox live website. It is for using internet connection sharing which is the method i have to use to access xbox live. But i am confused as to what the PC NIC ethernet port is. I understand that i need to link a cable from the back of my pc to my xbox, but is this called a cross over cable? I am confused. :confused: Where exactly is the PC NIC? and what the hell is it? This is the only part i don't understand.

Thanks guys. :smoke:

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    in English, its basically a network port on the back of your PC, it will look the same as the one thats on the back of your Xbox, and if you bought you PC from a shop in one go(ie from Dell or PC World) then its probably next to the modem on the back. Your know if its connected properly as the Green/Red lights will come on, both the PC and XBox, then all thats left is to run the ICS(internet connection sharing) Wizard (on windows xp that is)

5. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0