1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x box live help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Geordie Bry, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Geordie Bry

Geordie Bry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    hi people getting x box at the weekend what cables etc do i need to connect to x box live i have broadband with wireless router and laptop

any advice please

2. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ideally you will only need to plug an ethernet cable into your Xbox and into your router.
    if you cannot connect via an ethernet cable to your router (ethernet cable is a standard network cable and it connects directly between your Xbox and router) you'll have to use a wireless solution

if you need to connect wirelessly to the router then check out the list of compatible wireless ethernet adapters here : http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/start/connect/wireless.htm it gives you a pretty good explanation.

3. Clabs

Clabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Bryan - I have my xbox connected via a Linksys WET54G wireles bridge and it works fine for Live and web browsing via xbox. If you just have a standard unchipped xbox, and just want to play Live then you will find this type of setup neat and very satisfactory. My xbox is chipped and I sometimes need to move large media files over the network. In this instance, I am too impatiant and prefer to unplug the bridge and run a network cable across the flor to my notebook pc!

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Mark