1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Box Live headset....is it necessary?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by barneybelly, Nov 11, 2004.

1. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am on the verge of signing up with x-box live....do i need the starter pack or can i just have my credit card handy and an ethernet cable and plug into my telewest modem and away i go???
    I am not that bothered about talking online...is it an integral part of x box live or can i get away without using it?

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,376
    You don't have to use it to go online, but it really does add to the experience to gloat/apologise/tell the other people where to go...

I'd argue, in some games, like capture the flag in Halo for example, its invaluable to talk to others to get your tactics right.

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Get the head set its quite cheap and it really adds to the game being able to verbally abuse your enemies - Its great playing Germans they can really give out a lot of abuse - very funny as i have no idea what they a shouting :laugh:
    Also note alot of servers will kick you if you have no voice - as its a right pain playing with these people as you cant talk tactics or ask them to change teams etc. Its also a rumour that if you have no voice you are using some cheat devices.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have a spare one and I never use either of them. I should though, it definately helps when you are playing in a team.