X Box Live Costs

D

Dpac

Hi, i am confused as to what the subscription costs are for X Box live in the U.K.

anybody know??

Well the Live starter kit costs £29.99 from Amazon with free delivery. You get the headset, a couple of game demos and 12 months of xbox live.

On that basis its £2.50 a month. I think someone said after 12 months its £4.99 a month but most people just seem to unsubscribe and buy another starter kit I think.....I am sure someone else will confrm this. I am currently getting back on live in anticipation of Halo 2 and the online Footy games :)

I am sure someone else will confrm this

Yes it is £4.99 a month for 'live' of a one off payment of £40 for 12 months, both options are available through the xb dashboard. But as Harris says the cheapest way to do it is via starter pack as you also get a headset.

If anyone is interested the Rainbow Six 3 and Headset is now £19.99 in Dixon$

harrisuk said:
On that basis its £2.50 a month. I think someone said after 12 months its £4.99 a month but most people just seem to unsubscribe and buy another starter kit I think.....I am sure someone else will confrm this.
Just to point out, you don't have to unsubscribe to use another starter pack. I bought a starter pack to renew my subscription. You just type in the new code in the subscription screen and when renewal date comes around, it just adds 12 months to your subscribed time. And you get a free extra communicator for a friend (which will hopefully come in handy for Halo 2!).

or sell the extra headset for 15 quid on ebay making your annual live cost 15 quid.

billy bargain.

Cheers guys. Sorted!

also im getting the Netgear WGE101 bridge and the Netgear DG834G modem/router for my wirless setup for xbx live. does anyone have these products setup already who can tell me if they are good or not.

cheers

I have exactly that setup.

One caution though. It seems that some people have had problems with the DG834G. I applied the latest firmware as soon as I got it, and haven't had any problems with speed or reliability.

I did have a problem with accessing the DNS, but that seems to be down to my ISP and it was resolved by hard coding the DNS server in the DG834G.

Other than that, I'd recommend it.

Dpac said:
Cheers guys. Sorted!

also im getting the Netgear WGE101 bridge and the Netgear DG834G modem/router for my wirless setup for xbx live. does anyone have these products setup already who can tell me if they are good or not.

cheers

I have the netgear wge101 bridge and am really happy with it.
I get a much better signal with that compared to my belkin adapter.

Hope this helps

I have the linksys wireless bridge but am having real problems getting it to work with xbox live. The console keeps saying that it needs to download and update but cant connect.

It cant connect because it automatically trys to download the update, it wont met me configure the wiress bridge in the network setup menu.

Anyone got any ideas. I have got it working online via xbconnect using my wireless laptop but it is a bit laggy at the moment.

ok thanx again ppl, do u guys nw if having the router upstairs and the x box downstairs will decrease the signal strength??

The cost of live really isnt that high guys, give microsoft a break!
Are u all so tight that u cant even fork out a fiver a month?
If nobody pays them how are they going to maintain the service? I know microsoft has all that money, but lets face it if theres no profit in it, they will close it down. Its the same argument as copying games, if all u get are copies, then the makers arent geting any proffit therefore they stop making. In 5 years ive seen 10 big companies close their doors.

Are u all so tight that u cant even fork out a fiver a month?
Erm at £5 a month it would cost us £60 why pay that when we can get a starter pack with 12 months and a headset for £30? or are we being tight for not handing over the extra £30 a year? :laugh: ;)

Dpac said:
ok thanx again ppl, do u guys nw if having the router upstairs and the x box downstairs will decrease the signal strength??

I share my neighbours bb connection.
His wireless router is in his loft.
My netgear wge101 is in my living room with my xbox,so the signal has to go through 2 floors and obviously a joining wall.

On my wireless laptop i get a very low signal reading when connected to his router.

When im on xbox live i dont have too many problems with connecting to servers,i occasionally have a "connection failed" message,which can be very annoying if it happens frequently,but of late i havn't had too many troubles :)

Never the less :rolleyes:
Im contemplating putting the netgearwge101 in my loft and running a cat5 cable downstairs to xbox.
Only thing is,i must conceal the cable or its a big no no from trouble and strife :nono: And im not adsactly Handy Andy :thumbsdow

I have connected the netgear to my pc in the loft and have a signal of 95-100%.

I think you will be ok with your signal.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom