X-BOX Game recommendations

This is just my opinion, so hold off on the flames if you don't like my selection:

Halo - First Person Shooter (and then some)
Burnout 2 - Driving/Crashing (perhaps a bit easy, but lots of fun and very pick up and play)
Hitman 2 - Difficult (in places) but fun if you have a violent bent
Splinter Cell - More stealthy than Hitman 2 but very rewarding
Amped - Great snowboarding action centred around tricks which may or may not be your cup of tea. Some find landing the tricks less forgiving than say, SSX Tricky.

Can't think of any more, at the mo.

I'll second those listed other than Amped ^_^

Also add DoA3 if you are new to fighting games.. Stupidly easy to get into and a good button basher for any drunken gaming sessions.

Capcom Vs SNK 2 if you are a more seasoned fighting fan.
DoA Xtreme Volleyball for those quick 5-10 mins games before work and with mates.
Panzer Dragoon Orta - An "on-rails shooter" which is a very good game overall and is a technical showcase for the Xbox.
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind if you like your RPGs long and epic.
Colin Mcrae 3 for your rally fix.
JSRF - If you want something different to your usual skateboard games.
MGS2: Substance - Only if you have never played it and don't have a PS2...
Timesplitters II - If you want a faster more action and multiplayer orientated FPS with shedloads of extras and options and a level editor.
Unreal Tournament - Again a faster FPS but requires as much skill as the other games to be good at it.

Feel free to add to that list of course as I haven't listed too many exclusives there that you can't find anywhere else.

If you are going on Xbox live then don't forget Tom Clancy Ghost Recon. First person shooter with a war theme. Takes a while to get into, but a great game.

add motogp (either version) to your list

simply the best racing game on xbox

Sparky

not forgetting:-

Project Gotham racing - now £19.99 on xbox classics
MotoGP2 - excellent bike racing - even better online
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - good shooter

plus all those mentioned in the other replies as well.....

so basically... every single xbox game from what you've seen! :p

but the one you 'have' to get is Halo - anyone who owns an xbox 'has' to have this game

If you're into baseball game, and have capable display try World Series Baseball 2k3.
This game supports 720p, and it looks amazing in 720p... visually better than any XBOX games to date. Period.

It's also supposed to be the best baseball game currently available. I love it. :)

Your post made me think about this and I have realised how many great games there are on the XBOX. I'd recommend these:

- Halo
- Tony Hawks 4 (though 3 is good too and you can probably pick it up cheap)
- Madden 2003
- Fifa 2003 (best footy game on the XBOX but not as good at PES2 on the PS2)
- SSX Tricky
- MGS2: Substance
- Panzer Dragoon Orta (I reckon this is the most underrated game on the XBOX)
- DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball
- Burnout 2
- Colin McCrae 3
- Buffy
- Project Gotham Racing
- Ghost Recon
- Moto GP
- Splinter Cell
- Unreal Tournament
- NHL 2003
- Hitman 2

Personally I didn't rate Amped, DOA3 or JSRF but I know a lot of people did so they may be worth checking out.

I don't know what other consoles you have so some of the above you may already have.

have a look at nfl fever very good game
and live :D

I don't rate DoA3 at all but then there are peeps out there that enjoy it because of the ease of play. Drunken sessions can be alright though ^_^

Roll on Capcom Vs SNK : Chaos...

Halo definitely, if you only get one game at first get this - i wont bother explaining, just read pretty much ANY review of the game and you will know why. Its also pretty good on reply value.

Splinter cell, people seem to have forgotten this gem. Should last you a little while - ive played it through 3 times.

Project gotham/rallisport challenge - both great racers. Id probably choose gotham over rallisport simply because there is so much stuff to do and unlock. For multiplayer fun pick ralli tho.

Those are the 3 games i have enjoyed the most, and played the most, and when mates come over halo and rallisport are the only things we play.

Im not sure if its still out but there was a beginners guide to xbox type magazine with loads of reviews and also a demo disc with about 20 or more demos of the best games on it. You might want to pick that up, see what stuff you like.

I agree strongly with all of the above but you MUST simply get ENTER THE MATRIX it is absolutly amazing if you liked the films and even if you just want a pure action game with everything in it you can think of the only draw back is you cant be neo but at least you still have the fun from leggin' it from the agents:laugh:

want any more advice just ask

Personally I think Enter the Matrix is one of the crappest games this year. Most reviews also rate it average at best.

My recommendation for your XBox:

Get it chipped with the X-ecutor Lite chip and install a 120 gig HDD.

Opens up a whole new world with emulation and "other" things.

Enter the matrix is really a matter of opinion as for the emulation i have seen wonderful possibilities on sites with that

Originally posted by nero041001
as for the emulation i have seen wonderful possibilities on sites with that

Just a quick precise on what I have on my XBox HDD:

Arcade Emus
MAME with 3000+ roms
Final Burn with 200+ roms

SNES Emu with 400+ roms

Megadrive Emu with 400+ roms

Going to get an Amiga Emu, a PC Engine Emu and a PSX Emu soon as well.

I can also play multiregion DVDs without the need to buy the M$ dongle and play import games as well as DIVX and MP3s.

Oh, and then there's the small matter of being able to plonk the XBox games on my HDD and load them from there without the original discs. (but we won't go into that right now. :D :D )

I just got NBA Street Vol 2 which is amazing...if you like sports games.

Oh man an amiga emu would be fab.
Already enjoying my augmented xbox.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom