X-box from OZ with component progressive

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by ROne, Mar 27, 2002.

1. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Right this is a confusing one, I am running the (australian) x-box with DOA 3 which specifically states is supports 480p in the manual (is this the same as the british version?)

Okay, so go into the x-box video menu and select 480p the video settings (I assume this setting isn't there on the brit version). So we now have 480p game on a 625i system running through component (eh?) - that's what I thought.

Unfortunately it doesn't work, my projector isn't taking 480p from the x-box.

Now I wasn't expecting 480p but as its mentioned in the DOA manual I though oh well give it a go.

What are th british results - do we get 480p on games in anything? Cause it seems like the oz hardware/software supports it even though it didn't work for me ... any suggestions or combination would be appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UK X Box....575i....best you will get. Through IScan pro...might get a workable 575p..yet to be confirmed

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    I'll have a look at a UK DOA3 manual tomorrow mate. I couldn;t get any PS signal from UK machine with US hi-def kit.:(

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    I take it you have a US hi-def kit.?

5. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    No sorry I didn't make it very clear - I've got the Australian X-box, Australian Hi-def and Australian DOA3.

For all intents and purposes they are PAL but 480p is shown up on the intro menu, but when the game kicks in my projector recieves no signal.

I have just read on the aus x-box forum that even though the hardware supports 480p for some reason it has been disabled!!?
    Even though it is in the menu ...:confused:

6. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,104
    just tried UK version with US Hi-def kit, same results. The Xbox, when a hi-def kit is used, gives a 480p option in video settings. Unfortunately when game actually starts the picture disappears.
    I didn;t realise Oz would get a Hi-def kit, Europe isn;t getting one. Also the UK manual does state 480p but it's probably the US manual as they didn;t feel the need to re-write them..
    Never mind..:(