x box dolby digital

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is nothing simple? I appreciate this has been discussed before but I just wanted clarification for my own mind.

In wanting to connect it to my amp I assumed I would be able to purchase a lead that would incorporate both a s-video cable and digital out cable and thus using my amp as a pass through for the image.

Presumably if i attach the MS Advanced Scart cable to my TV and then utilise the optical out to my amp presumably I will continue to get sound out of the TV as a scart cable carries both Image and Sound, unlike the S video cable.

Is this correct?

That is correct.
Presumably though, since your're using an AV amp for your sound you have the TV speakers disabled/muted anyway?

The advantage of the advanced Scart cable is that it carries an RGB signal which will give better results than S-Video on most tellies.

I got a third-party X-box S-Video + optical digital output lead/box for £15 from Toys 'R Us. To my surprise this also included a thin S-Video lead.

I wanted S-Video to feed into a capture card for Dscaler big-screen viewing!

regards,
Rob.

Originally posted by scrapbook
Why is nothing simple? I appreciate this has been discussed before but I just wanted clarification for my own mind.

In wanting to connect it to my amp I assumed I would be able to purchase a lead that would incorporate both a s-video cable and digital out cable and thus using my amp as a pass through for the image.

Presumably if i attach the MS Advanced Scart cable to my TV and then utilise the optical out to my amp presumably I will continue to get sound out of the TV as a scart cable carries both Image and Sound, unlike the S video cable.

Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct.

I got a third party cable which has all the connections (except RGB scart).

S-VHS,
composite
component
optical
scart via either S-VHS via converter or composite via adaptor.

Personally I prefer S-VHS as the connector is on the front of my TV and all my scart sockets are used.

Mind you it was £25 from Game.

Cheers
RB

Originally posted by trent24
Dabs.com do a Joytech Multi AV cable that has both RGB SCART and S-VIDEO out as well as an optical out for the DD5.1 sound

www.dabs.com/28JH

HTH

Trent24

Got mine from Sainsbury's for £12.99.
A bit more than Dabs, but I got it there and then.

Hi could you advise the product number/part number of the Sainburys connecter ? :

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom