1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Box & Cube through monitor?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Oddbodd, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Does anybody know if it's possible to feed either an X-Box or a Gamecube through a computer monitor?
    If it is would somebody kindly tell me what I need, roughly how much it might cost, where I might get the gear and what kind of results to expect.
    I'm getting some serious pressure from the dragon to take my games consols out of the living room :(
    Unfortunatly I'll have to leave the t.v. downstairs, it's nothing special (Sony KVX25), and it's getting on a bit (just like me) but via R.G.B. the games on either console look great.
    So if the monitor is a non starter I'll have to dig out that ****y 14" portable that's burried somewhere(no scart & no R.G.B.) :suicide:
    Here's hoping.....................
    Cheers Oddbodd.

2. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. PardonTheWait

PardonTheWait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lan-Kwei are based in hong kong, but ship all over. They have a ton of stuff for all sorts of consoles that you simply don't see anywhere else. I'm not sure about the xbox, but they do console - VGA boxes for other consoles, among lots of other fruity stuff. If they don't have one, what about a Redant box? Do a google search on "redant VGA" or something, and it should find you a page on one. basically takes TV inputs, and converts them to VGA. I think it's SVGA or XVGA it puts out, I'm not sure.

4. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The results you'll get with most boxes <30quid will be poor based on an upsignaled composite connection.

I have a more expensive box, a scaler that does this and
    does a brilliant job but is pricey.

Neil.

5. Oddbodd

Oddbodd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks for the replys, Neil could I have a bit more information on what your using as quality is important to me.
    Cheers Oddbodd

6. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm using this box:

http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/avt-3700.htm

Which takes in an interlaced picture and outputs VGA in various different resolutions. Its the best quality I could find without spending £1000 on a Iscan Ultra. At 317 it isn't cheap but it was money well spent in my view, it also does HDTV modes out.

Regards,
    Neil.