1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X box component + dolby digital

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by BigGEORDIE, Sep 12, 2004.

1. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there. Big problem. I love picture quality as much as sound quality,is there anywhere I can get a component & digital lead from. everywhere I have looked does one or the other. I have found a svhs+digital lead but no component+digital lead. also if I go component does it have to be progresive scan,the reason is that I use the X1 projector and would rather go interlaced+component+digital. any help would be great.

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Well, I use the microsoft Hi def kit which has a component out put as well as an optical output.
    I bought high grade optical and component cables from a jap maker "Audio Technica" and use those for my XBox. I get good progressive picture and good DD5.1 sound with all games that support it.

That Hi def box plugs into the back of the Xbox and has those conection on it that u use.
    I cant hink of any other single cable that ive seen that allows you to use both a component cable and an optical.
    But in the UK there may be some other way. The easyest thing you can do is getting that official XBox High Def kit!

As for the progresive/ interlace question, well thats an option you can turn on or off in the XBox dashboard picture options. If you cant use Progresive scan just turn it off.

3. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The only problem with the hi def pack is that I would have to mod the Xbox, and I dont want to as I have just got it. I have just found a lead from electronic world sold thru Ebay. (XBOX SCART/AV/OPTICAL/S-VIDEO/PHONO/RCA OUT). I know if I dont mod the Xbox I cannot get hi def. but I think with component+optical+coaxial digital out this is the lead for me. Thanks for your help :)

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    BigG
    i got the madcow box too and it's great.

5. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    I was planning to get the MS Hi Def kit. I was under the impression that it would work on a unmodded PAL Xbox, but you could not access any of the progressive modes.

I just wanted to use it as a straight component output as that is the only free input I have left on my screen. Will this not work?

6. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    works fine as componnt interlaced on unmodded box

7. rubberducker

rubberducker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    this may sound like a stupid question, but do you need to buy componant lead as well as the hi def kit? i was under the impression that it was all in the kit?? please let me know....

8. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi i need help finding a lead. the lead is XBOX SCART/AV/OPTICAL/S-VIDEO/PHONO/RCA OUT. it was on sale at ebay the other day but now its not .anyone know where i can buy it now

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    BigGEORDIE

I've moved your other post in here, you have already asked that in this thread. no need to start another thread asking the same thing.

Thanks