1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X box communicator

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Squaky, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Ive just got xbox live, so i bought a communicator. Im not sure if its faulty or not, no one seems to respond when i try to talk but i can hear some things through the ear piece, although its often broken up. Also a lot of people seem to say that the mic is broken when im playing, although how they'd know is beyond me. Is there anyway i can check whether or not its working, given that i dont know neone on live that i can try it with?

2. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It might sound crackling up to other people, it could have high pitched noises etc. Give Microsoft a bell and see what they're saying.

Are you playing Halo 2 by the way? If so, you need to press the white button to talk (it makes a sound, you talk, then it makes the sound again when it's stopped transmitting).

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Invite a friend to chat in the chat option on the xbox dashboard, if he cant hear you and your light is green then it must be broken

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Recently I have had issues where I cant connect to a friend of mine. We used to connect no problems and nothing has changed in our hardware. We can connect to other peoples games but cant speak or hear each other. Other people can hear me fine but not my friend. The other day tho they could hear both of us but we still couldnt hear each other. We are both using wireless routers (netgear) with all the ports open.

Any ideas as it is driving us mad.

Cheers. :)

5. holtehero

holtehero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    This is probably a router problem as I had this previously with two people who were using BT Voyager modem/routers

There are a number of ports that allow the invites and voice to pass through. If you have done a router restart without saving the settings this can cause the problem.

The following page lists the three ports:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/start/connect/faq/

You could try putting this in your firewall/proxy list or adding the Mac address of your xbox into the DMZ of your firewall. Also, if you have a router with uPnP then enable this as it dynamically allows items such as this

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

holtehero :hiya:

Thank you for your help I will give this a go. :thumbsup:

:D