X Box car racing game for 8 year old?

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a 'racing / rallying' car game for my nephew, what do people suggest? It will just be on the standard controllers.

Burnout is kinda fun and pretty easy to contorl, more dodging than driving skill.

Do you want decent games..or something he can play easily. Best rally game is colin mcrae, but isnt the easiest. Something like Ralisport Challange, or Rally Fusion

I think we are after fun / easy to control so he can go straight into playing it over the weekend.

Burnout or burnout 2 are imo good games that are fairly easy to pick up on. Burnout 2 has crash mode which he might like, i think theres around 30 levels were u just have to crash and do the most damage u can.

It also has a training section that shows u how to do the driving techniques that are used in it.

For rally games, im guessing Rally Fusion should be ok. I have the game, but only played it once. I didnt really like it, i prefer the likes of CMR3 which are a tad harder.

Hope this helps :)

Burnout 2 would be a very difficult game for an 8-year-old IMO.

What about Project Gotham or Sega GT? If your kid likes bikes then how about MotoGP/MotoGP 2?

Rally Fusion is prob your best option, it can be picked up mucho cheapo too. It depends on his gaming ability but Rally Fusion is the easeist pick up and play rally game. Otherwise burnout, but my nephew (age 7) prefers Rally Fusion as it isnt really the racing he likes but the cars themselves and he likes seeing all the damage and such, but this dissapears after each crash on Burnout.
I have also tried him on PGR but it always turns into a 'last one to have an unsmashed light' contest, as he struggles with the handling and track design.

Originally posted by RL123
Burnout 2 would be a very difficult game for an 8-year-old IMO.

What about Project Gotham or Sega GT? If your kid likes bikes then how about MotoGP/MotoGP 2?

I would have thought Project Gotham would be a bit difficult too. Gets quite hard quite quickly.

There arent a great deal of games on Xbox suitable for 8 year olds IMO

Originally posted by Geezer

There arent a great deal of games on Xbox suitable for 8 year olds IMO

This is kjust why I always ask first, thanks for all your help guys :)

My 3 year old likes to play Crash, very easy to pick up and play and keeps him quiet :smoke:

YOU guys underestimate kids !! my nephew who has only just turned 8 , completed the WHOLE OF GranTurismo 3 AGES AGO!!
including all the license tests and races !! At first I thought his dad had done the licences for him then he showed me how he did the final licence around Monaco which he did with time to spare.Im not a bad player but when I play him at 2 player he wins as much as I do!!

Burnout 2 is a GREAT hit, thanks, also got Harry Potter and Star Wars clones for the bigger kids :blush:

7 year olds seem better than the 30 somethings at Burnout ;)

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think that the whole premise of the Burnout series is not a great example of the driving genre for kids to play?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I wonder what an 8 year old will learn from a game which has a Crash mode, which encourages the player to cause as big a pile-up as you can to earn a hi-score.

I love Burnout 2, some of the best fun I've had for ages, but is it suitable for kids?

G

Its a game, if the parents of the kid havent brought their child up properly to understand the difference between games and reality then theres a problem. But before said 8 year old even reaches the road, theres a min 9 year wait - countless driving lessons and probably around 10 different driving tests by then!

What will they learn from it? Nothing, why do you have to learn from everything. Theres nothing wrong with doing things just because they're fun from time to time :)

The Simpsons Road Rage is great for the kids.
I have two 8 year old girls who love it

I'll have a look at the weekend for me :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom