1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Box cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr..Smith, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Mr..Smith

Mr..Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Can anyone please tell me where I can buy an official component and audio cable for my xbox so that I can get my xbox to utilise progressive scan on my tv? Ive seen one on tvcables but im not sure if it will work as well as the official. Can anyone help please? :lease:

Alex

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    Lik sang is where I got mine from earlier this year .You should check out the classifieds on here ,as they frequently pop up .Maybe even post a wanted ad.
    A pm to Labrat could help
    If you have not already done so , you will need to mod the box to enable the progressive capabilities (unless its a US one )

atb
    JS

3. Mr..Smith

Mr..Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a moded xbox do I just flick it into NTSC? Apparently Halo2 looks amazin with this cable if you have a progressive scan tv

Alex

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,653
    Sorry mate , been at work :D
    Yep , enable the Switcher from PAL to NTSC , you will then need to find your way to the MS dashboard and enable the extra modes in the video section (where you set it to widescreen / pal60) . These modes will only be visable when you plug in the hi def lead (the box knows :D )
    atb
    JS

5. Mr..Smith

Mr..Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, been on lik san and ordered one, :) cant wait. And cant belive im just findin this stuff out now...duh! :oops:

Now Im thinkin I want all my consoles through component though. Can you get a multi connector for component leads?

Alex

6. stazman

stazman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking about doing the dashboard software hack to access progressive scan. Does anyone know if it mucks up XBox live?

(I am doing the Splinter Cell gamesave hack to run the video switcher to set to NTSC. Do I need to remove the video switcher from the hard drive after?)