1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Box Availability?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Shady Deal, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if apart from the pre-ordered units, the console will be available off the shelf from tomorrow??

Have been tempted but have not ordered one, but should I walk in a store I may not be able to resist!!!

Also are there many RPTV users here as that is the one thing that has been putting me off, the dreaded screen burn on my lovely set.

Thanks

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was first one in my Game shop to pre-order, but i wont be able to get in there tomorrow..i wonder if they will keep one for me?
    hmmmm....

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    EB on oxford street are expecting plenty of copies of HALO and were confident they'd have excess units beyond the pre-order.
    I'll be in there for my scart cable and software tomorrow depending on whether or not Dixons up the road screw up my reserved box ( I have vouchers OK!)

4. micksowner

micksowner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We saw on the news on Tuesday that X-Box mania was sweeping the country! We decided it must have passed us by here in High Wycombe.....

I know that one of our local stores (Computer Paradise) have 40 units in stock, of which only 10 are pre-ordered, the rest are on the shelf today.

My trusty video games supplier - Vision Games - also in Wycombe are getting a few more than they have pre-ordered so I'll be going there in about 2 hours to pick up mine.

I have the afternoon off...... :D

micksowner :kisses:

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will phone my local Game shop at 9:30pm to check to see if they are in, do we know whether the official x box rgb scart will be available from the launch?. Also second controllers?
    Best regards
    LittleT2

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Got my Xbox from Dixons on Oxford Street this morning no bother. There was only one other person in the shop and the staff said they had plenty of everything. However they did fleetingly try it on again that they weren't selling the consoles on their own.

Got a free tshirt ( or cap) and some money off vouchers for games and peripherals ( 5quid off a game 2.50 off peripherals over 19.99). Wonder if this is why they were so antsy about selling just the console on its own?

Picked up My Advanced scart lead from EB up the road again they said they had plenty of hardware and software to go round.

Now I just have to wait and see if Play get my copy of Halo to me today : otherwise I could go back into Dixons and pick up a copy with a money off voucher for the same price. I notice Plays secure server is down so I can't check on the order status or cancel it! Phone call methinks!

7. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    EB in Bristol had not reserved the Advanced Scart for me, despite being as specific as possible and doing everthing except filling in the form for the lad. The have none in stock. Went to Virgin directly below and they have stock of everything!

Assistant who served me an hour ago had sold 3 this morning, 2 of which were pre-orders.

8. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    EB in Staines had sold out of Wreckless, steering wheels and the advanced scart. Other than that, they seem to have plenty of everything in stock. I need an arcade stick for DOA3

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have just spoke to Gamestation, they have my X box in stock, i am going to collect it tomorrow :)
    Hurrah
    LittleT2