1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x-box as a DVD player

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tabs, Apr 18, 2005.

1. tabs

tabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    is the x-box DVD playback capabilities up to scratch to go with a plasma ?..just checking really to see if i can save a few quid on a new DVD player thanks

2. Hitby

Hitby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +545
    Having had the same thought I tried it and even through Component with all hidef modes switched on the xbox WON'T play dvd's in progressive scan, it's noticably worse than my Yamada ProScan DVD recorder which was about a hundred quid. I don't have the dvd remote kit but I shouldn't think that that makes any difference.

Cheers
    Dan

3. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    We've been using the PS2 as our DVD player for far too long now... :) The picture is OK on a 28" CRT, but controlling it is a nightmare and the fans are really starting to bug me!

4. rickyroma

rickyroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    if you softmod or chip your xbox you can edit the xbox dvd player to run in progressive scan along with the dashboard , but if you've forked out for a plasma you should go the whole hog and get a nice dvd player to complete the setup (if you can)

5. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, noted your comments with regard to modded xbox,my son has one so i connected it to plasma,noticed in menu it says it can play divx movies,how do i edit it to progressive scan mode