1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x-box and scotch guard lens cleaner

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by FGEvans, Apr 6, 2005.

1. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently used the scotch guard lens cleaner to clean the dvd drive on my x-box.

the product is a cd with little brushes attatched which i assume cleans the lens.

however since using the product the x-box refuses to read any game disks and only one or two dvd's.

The x-box was working fine before i used the cleaner.

Any ideas as to what has happened. It looks like i will have to buy a new x-box.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Sounds like something happened to the brushes of the lens cleaner when it was supposed to be cleaning the lens. It could be that a part of the bruch fell off and got stuck in the lens assembly, this is unlikely but it can happen. If your abox is out of warranty why not just get your self some Torx screwdrivers, open up your xbox and check out the lens. Or have you blown into your xbox through the disc drawer? this might work also.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    These disc cleaners are rubbish. They do more harm than good . I wouldn't use unless the machine itself itself was dead first as a last ditch attempt.

They've got more chance of damaging your kit than cleaning it.