1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X Box advanced connection

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Dan, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Dan

Dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a UK x box.

I'm looking for a lead that will enable me to connect it to my tv.

I have a Toshiba 50wh18b TV. This TV allows Component, RGB and S Video connections. I also have a Sony DD amp and would like to have 5.1 sound.

The lead that i'm looking for must have a optical out.

What connection would you reccomend for the video?

Can you get all video connections with an optical out aswell?

I have my DVD player connected to the components ATM so if you reccomend a component lead then your gonna have to reccomend a component switcher aswell.

Hope that all made some sense.

Many Thanks

Dan

PS, a link to any reccomended products would be great aswell.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One of two would be best.
    Either advanced scart..rgb...plus seperate optical out. Rare as Rocking Horse Manure in UK at the moment.
    Or probably better...but only available for USA...component out..found in advanced av pack...also seperate optical out..will give you a 57i image..no progressive scan from uk x box i am afraid
    Be careful of burn in using a projection tv and a console

3. Dan

Dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where do you plug the optical lead into then? Is there a plug on the RGB lead / Component lead?

Will a US component lead work with a UK box?

Can you reccomend a component switching device (do they exist)?

Many thanks

Dan

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The optical lead plugs into a little box that is part of the aformentioned leads...
    US component lead will works yes...
    And for all things regarding import stuff...try museum steve....he runs game shop with plenty of import stuff....
    Component switching device...hmmm...i use my av amp....there must be a specific device...but i havent ever seen one....

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    The Joytech Digital AV Cable does RGB Scart, SVideo (on mini din), L and R analogue audio and optical Toslink out complete with cable. It is widely available (DIXONs!) and £15. Surely this will do all you want and some and also save money!

6. Dan

Dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lilT. I've gone for a RGB Scart (Officila m/s) from EB. I reccon any picture advantage I would be gaining form using components would probably be lost if I had to pipe the signal through a switching device.

My amp dosent have component inputs :-(. But the US version of it does for some reason (Sony 1070)

Dan

7. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The advanced scart cable is really a strange thing indeed. I pre orderd mine at the start thank goodness since they are so hard to get.

The build quality I think is friggin awful and the optical connection is so unique that you have to buy the cable.

Regards

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the Joytech version, you get the optical cable included in the box. All for £14.99.