x box 56k modem ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by kirk grubb, Feb 2, 2002.

1. kirk grubb

kirk grubb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

I know the xbox is broadband compattable but dont know if you can play online using 56k modem like dreamcast :confused:

Can anyone tell me what the dvd playback is like, I have a wharfdale 750 at the mo but gonna upgrade in year or so, Its just that i dont have room in my stand for xbox and wharfdale so thought of putting wharfdale upstairs if xbox equals or betters the wharfdale on pic quality.

I could hook xbox to denon 3802 then for some serious explosive shenanigans (halo)

1 last thing can anyone better £295 with £20 voucher back for xbox, £40 for games from simply games.com

CHEERS

KIRK

2. thestorm

thestorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30

I'm buying my Xbox from :
    http://www.eb.uk.com

And if you pre order from them like Xbox, games, accesories
    you'll get double points for your loyalty card.
    And that can be used in the future.

Also http://www.play.com
    are doing games for less than £40 and delivery is free.

Cya,
    Shaz

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am pretty sure that Broadband is the only option with the XBOX - And you have to use MSN as your ISP!

DABS.com are doing the XBOX for £289. Or bundled with a memory card and Halo for £351 - and no deposit required.

4. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are correct in saying that the Xbox is Broadband only, there are a few reasons for this, but one of them being that the Xbox has Voice Chat, so you don't need a keyboard to play online (I have seen the promo for Xbox online :D )

Lex, your comment on the Xbox only working with MSN ISP is incorrect, most UK Broadband ISP's will work.

The Xbox uses the Internet to connect to the Xbox Game Server, all you need to do is connect your broadband modem to the Xbox with the ethernet connection, so if you have a Cable Modem with Ethernet, it will work fine (NTL and Telewest), however I am not sure if ADSL uses ethernet or USB, so someone else will have to answer that.

BTW: you don't even have to wait for the Online service to go live if you set up a Virtual Private Network (it will fool the Xbox into thinking the other Xbox is on the same local network)

Anne