1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Box 360 accessories

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by CAS FAN, Jul 25, 2005.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    **From www.gamespot.com***

Microsoft shows off wrappings for its console and games; unveils the accessory line-up planned for the next-generation console.

At the Xbox Summit 2005, Microsoft showed off its first mockup of the Xbox 360 's retail packaging--a simple white and green box that matched the console's color scheme.

The side of the Xbox 360's packaging listed the accessories that will be included with the console: a hard drive, wireless controller, Xbox Live, headset, and Ethernet cable. No cables for hooking up to a monitor were listed.

One side of the packaging had the slogan "Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system is you. It's your future. With the most strong games and the most powerful technology, Xbox 360 puts you at the center of your entertainment experience. With the Xbox 360, you can play the most compelling games, watch DVD movies, and share your digital music, photos, videos, and TV."

The packaging for the console's games was shown as well--it was a standard-size, plastic DVD case. The Xbox 360's controller was also on display, and it had a comfortable grip akin to Nintendo's GameCube Controller. The alignments of the analog sticks and direction pad also resembled the GameCube controller.

Microsoft also showed off auxiliary accessories that will be available for purchase separately from the console itself. They are:

Wireless Controller - The 360 comes standard with one wireless controller. Additional controllers are sold separately.

Wired Controller - Wireless controllers can sometimes run into interference from outside sources.

Memory Unit - Xbox 360's memory unit comes included with a plastic case to protect your saved data from harm.

Rechargeable Battery Pack - Additional batteries are available for the Wireless controller.

Play and Charge Unit - This accessory lets you play with your wireless controller hooked to the Xbox 360 while also recharging it.

Quick Charge Unit - As the name may suggest, this accessory lets you charge your controller's battery quickly.

Wireless Network Adapter - This adapter is an antenna unit that can be plugged into the Xbox 360's USB port for wireless connection to the Internet (wireless LAN). It is compatible to IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11c.

Hard Drive - Additional hard drives will be officially available from Microsoft.

Remote Control - A remote control is available for accessing the Xbox 360's various functions.

Headset - Additional headsets will be offered for the Xbox 360.

Face Plates - As Microsoft announced during its initial Xbox 360 unveiling, the console's faceplates can be switched around to give it different looks.

VGA HD Cable - If you want to play with HD graphics, this is the cable that you'll need.

Component AV Cable - For players that want to use component AV.

S-Video AV Cable - For players that want to play with S-VHS output.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    - Interesting, does this mean that we will have to buy a separate A/V lead? They initially said that the unit would have component connections out of the box. I find it a bit strange not to at least include a basic scart cable but perhaps with so many connectivity options about they are leaving the choice with the consumer.

Personally i'll be going for the VGA cable as I find that this gives a slightly better image than component.

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I`m really pleased they are going with Vga :)

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    Definately, my DC is connected via VGA and looks fantastic. The 360 via VGA with it's higer resolution will look out of this world!! :smashin:

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    hang on does that mean HD will only be passed through VGA ? i was hoping for component as well tbh as i have my cables already routed in :mad:

i also thought it was going to be wireless out of the box .... :thumbsdow sigh

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    According to that it does - i'd have thought that they'd have done HD through component but it seems not. I wonder if they will release a hi def pack for component like they did with the X-Box.

I think it was just Sony who said that their console would be wireless out of the box (and maybe Ninty) - A hardwired connection is the way to go though for online gaming.

6. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Im sure HD will also work with component. It does with every other Component capable product.

I wonder what the resolutions through VGA will be like!

7. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Completely agree. My DC via VGA rivals a lot of current-gen software!

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The media remote wont be included I think they have already said it is an optional extra. Fair nenough really. I just like VGA, I think you can also use through dvi with the correct adapter.

Agree its almost certain to have component connectivity out of the box.

9. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I would have liked the media remote control to be included with the standard setup, but hey as long as we get the console this year I can compromise. ;)
    I would probably be buying another controller (probably wired just in case I forget to charge the supplied wireless one up), maybe a memory unit, and depending on the size of the supplied hard drive, I would probably upgrade that at a later date. And maybe a component cable, thats if the standard xbox Hidef pack wont fit. I'm also hoping my current xbl headset will fit into the 360 controller. What would you guys buy?

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its normal for these things to come with the minmum of accessories (More so with the even bigger loss they are making on the hardware this gen) I dont think its realistic to expect MS or Sony to include things like media handsets they never have done so before with previous consoles and are unlikely to start now.

I`ll get another wireless controller and the vga lead to start with and probably 2 / 3 games depending on whats available.

Ill wait on the extra Hardrive and see if they manage to crack the thing :devil:

11. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    I hope that the HD will also be available via component or there is a VGA-DVI adaptor as i have a component and two dvi leads buried in my wall/ceiling in anticipation that the next gen consoles would support DVI.

12. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    If they still end up doing component leads out of the box then i'll stick with those for a while, but if they don't then i'll invest in a VGA cable. I wonder if the AV port is the same as the X-Box one (looks the same shape on the photo's i've seen) - if so then the X-Box's HD kit may work with it.

13. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Be good if the hd lead do work however they havent mentioned backawards compatability of accessories. THis is a real money spinner for them so they would be silly if they did.

14. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    VGA to DVI/HDMI adaptors are available, as are component to vga adapters.

MS are being typically profit driven. Those cables probably cost a few quid but they'll charge £20 a pop just like the current rgb cables. This is how they are gonnna recoup the losses made on the machine as most people will pay for the convenience of remote controls and chrager cables etc. At least the hard drive will come as standard.

Talking of the hard drive apparently it comes preloaded with trailers and a few tunes according to eurogamer, hope you can erase them if its rubbish.

15. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Of course its a media box. Im glad they have realised people will want uprated HD for streaming media etc and will be selling add ons. Will make a load on money on this I reckon.