1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wyatt Earp problem?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by talizker, May 15, 2004.

1. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just received my R1 Wyatt Earp and apart from not realising it wasn't the 212 minute extended cut (why!!!) the image appears to be shaking a little. You can see it quite a lot at the start of the film during the Warner and Tig logos as well as on the title and cast etc. It's difficult to be sure that it happens all the way through beacuse you need something totally static - the subtitles are rock steady and perfect.

I tried this from my DVD player and PC to my projector where it was quite noticable, but it is also visable on my PC TFT.

Anyone else got this disc yet and can check it out for me???

Thanks!

2. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry, I don't own this but was going to get it, however I doubt I'll be getting it now with the problems your reporting... The fact that it isn't the extended cut is bad enough :(

Regards,
    Iain.

3. maggi

maggi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aren´t the extra minutes of the extended cut presented as deleted scenes on this dics anyway???

Cheers
    Maggi

4. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
  5. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I watched my R1 over the weekend and I can honestly say theres nothing wrong with my copy. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. :thumbsup:

6. talizker

talizker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I also read a couple of reviews that didn't mention it but I guess it depends on how big the screen is. Although I could see it on my 17" TFT it was only because I was looking for it. On a 7ft screen it was quite noticable, although only when there was something static on screen like the titles.

Tardis - could you watch the first couple of minutes and look closely when there is text on screen??

As I can see this on two players and two displays it's not likely to be hardware (and my othe x00 DVD's are fine). I wil try replacing the disc if nobody else has a problem.

7. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Talizker,

I've just reviewed it again and I can notice a bit of shaking at the very start.
    It's very slight and I would'nt have noticed it useless you mentioned it. :smashin: :laugh:

I did notice that it stops when Jeff Fahey name appears and then it seems OK. On most TV's I don't think people will notice really. It's hardly off putting.IMO, but on a 7ft screen it must be a bit of a pain. :eek: