WXGA Computer --> XGA Projector?

Critter

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am due to upgrade my laptop to a new one and it has a 1280 x 800 WXGA screen/native resolution. The projectors I end up using on the road are all XGA 1024 x 768. This is for Powerpoint presentations, exclusively. Am I going to have problems?

TIA,

Critter

Not at all. Your computer should easily be able to output the projector's native resolution from it's VGA or DVI output.

I imagine you want to have an image on the laptop and the pj at the same time, so you could do this:

Run 1280x800 on the laptop and output 1024x768 (or whatever is native) to the pj. This would look the best.

Not at all. Your computer should easily be able to output the projector's native resolution from it's VGA or DVI output.

I imagine you want to have an image on the laptop and the pj at the same time, so you could do this:

Run 1280x800 on the laptop and output 1024x768 (or whatever is native) to the pj. This would look the best.

Not clear to me that the new laptop can have different output from what it on screen. Current one cannot do that. Will have to check. Thanks.

A new one should be able to do that. I know Nvidia, ATI and Intel graphics chipsets can do it. Do you know which chipset is in your new laptop?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom