1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.techtronics.com

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by david-m, Feb 14, 2002.

1. david-m

david-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend Techtronics. I am thinking of purchasing a multi-regioned DVD player from them.

2. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search on google for them, no doubt that will spring up all the complaints!!.

HTH

3. IanB

IanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are many people on this forum that will give you very strong opinions about Techtronics, some good but mostly bad.

I bought my DVD player there and have no complaints. Remember that the prices they state DOES NOT INCLUDE VAT and take note of their delivery times - they do not do next day delivery.

Before you buy read everything on this forum (use the search facility at the top of the page) and be as informed as you can.

4. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Oh dear, what complaints do people have about Techtronics? I bought my Pioneer 444 from them, multi-region, macrovision-disabled. My only complaint is the delivery time, but their web-site did say at least five working days and my player did arrive exactly 5 working days after I made the order. If there's anything else I should know, please enlighten me.

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    But there are other dealers that don't have negative postings so don't become another statistic and use someone else instead.

6. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Count me in with those statistics. I used them a year or so ago to buy a DVD player on behalf of a friend. One month later no DVD player, no contact with Techtronics - no answring of phones or replying to emails. Eventually we got a player from elsewhere.

A few weeks afterwards (about 2 1/4 months after making the order, I got a phonecall from Techtronics - they are out of stock. I made my opinion known, vowed never to use them again and removed them from my favourites list.

I recommend Multiregion Magic, who I used at Xmas to buy a modded player for my parents. The mod works great, prices are good, and the player was with me 36 hours after I ordered. Highly recommended.

7. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There was a similar thread to this a few months ago. Techtronics do get bad press, but I've bought a Pioneer Dv-545 (multiregion) from them and had no problems.

8. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I've used http://www.avland.co.uk/ because they had a good reputation on uk.media.dvd (where Chimp - the owner, I think - appears regularly). Always got prompt email replies from them, too.

Cheers,
    Liam

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I use avland too as I always know where to find Chimp if anything goes wrong, but it never has.

10. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    I think it's a good sign when dealers or manufacturers post to newsgroups or forums (fora?) regularly. It shows that they are confident that either a) they don't have any unhappy customers or b) they genuinely want to resolve any problems that customers do have. Imagine what a representative of one of the big electrical retailers would have to put up with if they dared show their face here :eek: or even worse, on an unmoderated newsgroup.

Cheers,
    Liam

11. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There are rumours that one of the internet traders does have a representative who monitors this forum, but it is the solicitor and not the technical arm which is why I am always careful how I respond to this particular question whenever it crops up

12. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    When I ordered my Pioneer 626D from Techtronics 2.5 years ago they were pretty good. However, the machine developed a fault and getting it corrected was a time wasting job. It came back to me with the same fault i sent it away with. They said they fixed it, but nope it still did it.

They then told me they would now charge me for the repair if they couldn't find the fault. I went nutz and in the end got it sucsessfully repaired.

I then ordered a Toshiba 100E a year ago. It was promised to be delivered for Xmas. It was a present. Did it turn up? NO!!!!!!

I've now ordered my Pioneer 747A from Home Cinema Heaven for £750. Never again will i use Techtronics!

13. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    david-m - You see what you have started mentioning the ' T ' word in here :)

ps. FWIW, i agree with what was said previously: avland.co.uk and chimp (AKA Kingsley) is highly recommended.
    Also multiregionmagic are v good

14. Dick Scratcher

Dick Scratcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would rather use a belt sander on my dangly bits than use THAT company ever again.

15. david-m

david-m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for stirring up a hornets nest, but thanks for the recommendations.