www.qed-uk.com ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by micflair, Dec 9, 2001.

1. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok... has anyone used these guys before? just wanting to know about there service as they are pretty cheap..

Mick

2. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
  3. MickyBoy

MickyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i've just ordered from them at the end of last week. i 'll let you know how i get on.

re: miller brothers, thats kinda ironic as they use the miller prices as the "RRP" to show how much of a saving you get by buying from qed-uk!!!

4. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered my Tosh 50" from them. Very efficient service. Arrived when they said it would. No damage and everything was there which should have been. And saved about £900 off RRP.

5. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't rate them enough.

Ive bought all sorts from them, a digital camera, vcr, mission speakers etc. I was going to buy my tv from them but got john lewis to price match it instead.
    The mission speakers I ordered from them were actually delivered by the local miller brothers store in a miller brothers van!

6. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hahah, so you lot work for em then huh? :)

Thanks for your help people!!

Mick

7. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I usually use unbeatable.co.uk but went to qed for an item unbeatable didn't have in stock to be sent to an address in Scotland....

Essentially impressed as the item was delivered within 3 working days without problem.

The only thing I would comment on is that during those three days I had absolutely no idea if it had been shipped or eta or anything. I'm accustomed to being sent email confirmations of order receipt, shipping date and estimated arrival date, online tracking even, but nothing. Fortunately all is well but I would have appreciated some communication.

Also I would say that EmpireDirect and Unbeatable are usually cheaper, tho EmpireDirect are not as dependable as they should be.

8. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    strange as you say that... as ive sent them 2 emails asking about availability and delivery times etc with no reply.. grr

9. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't email them, ring them using the number on the site. You'll have to queue a while but once you get through, they can see where your order's at. They ignore emails from my experience.

10. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Very disappointed with qed.

Placed an order for a dvd player on friday 3pm, a few hours later I changed my mind and emailed them to cancel.

Their site states that you should give them a landline phone no when placing the order, so they can confirm the credit card transaction and delivery date. I didn't hear from them either by phone or email, so presumed they'd cancelled it. Today (Wed) got a phone call from CityLink asking for directions - to deliver the dvd player!

Obviously told him not to bother, explaining I'd cancelled. Telephoned qed straight away to ask what the hell they way playing at. They said they hadn't had my email. I asked why hadn't they phoned me like it says, she said they only phone for orders of white goods (fridges, washers,etc).

I was really angry at this. What a stupid system. Fortunately she was able to confirm with CityLink my rejection and was able to credit my card within half an hour. Relief.

11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I'd add a negative post to this thread to even things up a bit :D
    Ordered a tosh 42wh18b RP set on their site on fri 14/12 (had to be ordered by this day to get pre xmas del) it was showing as available for immediate delivery on the site. All I got was an automated reply with no order no. or details. I rang them today at 4.00pm and was on hold in queue for 55 mins til someone answered :eek:
    I was told they were not in stock untill 21st (so del in January). I told him to cancel order, not just because of not being able to get set b4 xmas but also because I didn't like the thought of having to try and contact them again.
    Upshot is I ordered from Sound and Vision- £50 dearer and no free SD110 :( But at least I will get my set this week (courier will pick up from them tomorrow) and I know I can talk to someone if I have a problem, which makes me a lot happier.
    As far as I'm concerned cheapest is not always best.

Bit long for my first post on here but had to add my bit :D

12. MickyBoy

MickyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not that I want to un-even things up again, but I ordered exactly the same TV on thursday 7/12 (sorry...I probably got the last one! :blush: and then i got a call on the following monday saying that it would be delivered that wednesday. couldn't fault them or the couriers they use really (couriers were at my house in london at 9am after a drive down from derbyshire!).

yeah i waited on the phone for a while when i phoned to order etc but as someone else mentioned, you gotta expect that with most retail companies round Xmas time.

PS....42WH18B is awesome...believe it or not, I'd never seen a DVD on anything bigger than a crap 28" before, and it blew my mind on this monster.

13. micflair

micflair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    DAMNIT!!!! THATS the same tv I wanna order from em.. and you 2 guys have screwed with my head now. hahhaha!! thanks guys!! :)

Mick

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, It seems they have good reports where the items have been in stock, it's just a tiny bit annoying not knowing whats happening as they only send out an auto reply and then you have to spend an hour on the phone to see whether they are going to take £1500 off your card or not.
    If your still interested they told me they were due more stock of the 42" in on 21/12/01 although delivery would then be in first week of Jan. But I'm afraid I just couldn't wait any longer :rolleyes: I've saved up loads of Dvd's just for watching over the festive crap tv programming period and I wanna watch em LARGE :D (29" tosh/24" picture or 42" mutha/42" picture ..........no, no contest really is there?

15. Nick Drew

Nick Drew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How reliable are QEDs deliverys anyone? I have just had an experience with Empire Direct. On Sunday I ordered a lovely new Panny SVHS VCR which they promised before 1PM on Tuesday. I have waited in all day but no VCR has arrived. In my anger I called them and they told me to call back at 9am tomorrow to which I told them I don't want it now and that I am going to buy it from a competitor! It has cost me a days wasted holiday and I am wasting no more time on them.

Thought I might try QED or Total Panasonic or even go back to the days of trudging down Tottenham Court Road! Any suggestions anyone?

16. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just dealing with these two at the moment.

QED: Ordered new TV from QED on the 12th, and arranged delivery for yesterday (18th). Delivery guys turned up on time. QED are part of Miller Bros, and it was a Miller Bros van than turned up with the delivery. Only fly in the ointment was I received the wrong invoice (which was for someone in Stoke). It did take me around 15 minutes to get through on the phone, but once I was speaking to someone they seemed quite helpful. Delivery is free on orders above £100 by the way.

Empire: Ordered Marantz amp & Ixos digital interconnect on the 12th (not available from QED). Arranged delivery for the same day (18th) which I was told would not be problem as both items were in stock. Duly waited all day yesterday, making three phone calls to Empire as the sun began to set and still no delivery. Each time I was told that the goods had DEFINITELY been despatched and not to worry they WOULD arrive. Guess what - they didn't.

After phoning Empire this morning I discover that

1. The amp has definitely been despatched.
    2. The Interconnect has NOT been despatched due to staff sickness (strange?)

Apparantely, they use AMTRAK for deliveries and as the goods (at least the amp) had been despatched I was given AMTRAK's number and a consignment reference. Two calls to Amtrak were required - one to despatch and another to the depot local to me. No explanation for non delivery was given, but I was assured delivery would be today. After explaining this would NOT work as I am not at home, I was given the opportunity of picking up the goods from the local depot (about 18 miles from me) so I am taking up this option and picking up the goods.

Not sure when I will receive the Interconnect - but another trip to depot probably requried.

So in summary:

QED - Seem ok once you get through the phone system (probably will be less of a problem after Christmas).

Empire - Don't seem to have a handle on the delivery side, and it seems that although I was told goods were in stock, something is not quite as it seems. Strange that they were able to ship out my amp but not the interconnect (due to staff illness). Probably put their backs out shifting the amp! If I used them again I would ask for a consignment number and get straight on to AMTRAK to check delivery details.

I'll have to see what happens at the AMTRAK depot and still await my Interconnect.

Cheers

Laurel

Sorry about the long post - but now you have all the details it might help you out.

17. jawa

jawa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently orderd a DVD player from them and got excellent service. I ordered it on the web on monday at 9am and it arrived on wednesday at 11:30am :)

However, i got no email telling me when the delivery would be. I had to phone them up and ask and this meant me waiting for 20 mins in a queue!

It was worth it for 2 day delivery at a busy time of the year! :)

I will use them again.