1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.pccables.com

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by aderose, Apr 2, 2002.

1. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Li On recommendeds their 25' cable - the site says they guarantee no shadow. Unfortunately I need 30' - but they dont sell 30 - 50 is the next step up. Any advice on whether there will be a difference in quality between the 25' and the 50' ?
    Also, the site says nothing about a ferrite core - is that significant?

I'm trying to avoid spending $250 on bettercables.com. No offense to bettercables, I just dont have that kind of cash.

Thanks,
    Adriano

2. nickhh

nickhh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its a vga cable your after, www.netshop.co.uk do a 10m cable for £23+vat and delivery, I have one of their 15m vga cables and it works perfectly with the AE100.

Nick

3. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    There's also Lindy, who sell a 10m VGA for £38. Bit pricey, but the quality is superb...triple shielded / gold plated blah blah. Works a treat on my system.

4. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, but is there anywhere in the US I can get the cable?
    I'm taking enough of a chance buying the projector from Japan - no need to keep adding to my shipping costs :)

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using FTP (shielded) Category 5 Enhanced 24 AWG solid conductor, terminated with HQ, HD-15 VGA connectors.

Picture is excellent from HTPC, over 50ft run. No ringing/ghosting or edge problems.

Check out a lengthy thread started by Mr.Wiggles at AVS forums.

Works out very cheap, if you into soldering etc...

The cable is standard ethernet/lan cable, readily available.

6. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are no easy answers in this forum are there ? :) Ok, thank you all for your input.

Adriano

7. nickhh

nickhh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You havnt got a link for this thread have you? I cant find it.

Thanks,

Nick

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. edz

edz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    @Kramer,

this looks interesting and I plan to use it to link my PC (in the office next to the lounge), to my expected AE300 however, would you think the results would be as good if I also wired up to SCARTS for linking my digibox/DVD Player via RGB - no component outs - to the projector. If so it will be a hell of a lot easier than trying to get custom cables in and out of wall voids, I've been running CAT5, (and before that coax - eeek I'm old), networks for around 14 years so that seems more comfortable if the results are good.

Any idea on a catalogue reference for maplin/lektropacks on a good cable ? I'm planning on wiring gold plated plugs at each end of both the PC and SCART connection leads, I've no laserdisk player so S-Video will probably not be required, (although if the AE300 can accept S-Video/Composite over a fully wired SCART and shielded CAT-5 fits the bill I can just run the one cable,

Cheers

Edz