Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

www.pccables.com

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by aderose, Apr 2, 2002.

1. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Li On recommendeds their 25' cable - the site says they guarantee no shadow. Unfortunately I need 30' - but they dont sell 30 - 50 is the next step up. Any advice on whether there will be a difference in quality between the 25' and the 50' ?
    Also, the site says nothing about a ferrite core - is that significant?

I'm trying to avoid spending $250 on bettercables.com. No offense to bettercables, I just dont have that kind of cash.

Thanks,
    Adriano

2. nickhh

nickhh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its a vga cable your after, www.netshop.co.uk do a 10m cable for £23+vat and delivery, I have one of their 15m vga cables and it works perfectly with the AE100.

Nick

3. Shockabuku

Shockabuku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    There's also Lindy, who sell a 10m VGA for £38. Bit pricey, but the quality is superb...triple shielded / gold plated blah blah. Works a treat on my system.

4. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, but is there anywhere in the US I can get the cable?
    I'm taking enough of a chance buying the projector from Japan - no need to keep adding to my shipping costs :)

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using FTP (shielded) Category 5 Enhanced 24 AWG solid conductor, terminated with HQ, HD-15 VGA connectors.

Picture is excellent from HTPC, over 50ft run. No ringing/ghosting or edge problems.

Check out a lengthy thread started by Mr.Wiggles at AVS forums.

Works out very cheap, if you into soldering etc...

The cable is standard ethernet/lan cable, readily available.

6. aderose

aderose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are no easy answers in this forum are there ? :) Ok, thank you all for your input.

Adriano

7. nickhh

nickhh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You havnt got a link for this thread have you? I cant find it.

Thanks,

Nick

8. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. edz

edz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    @Kramer,

this looks interesting and I plan to use it to link my PC (in the office next to the lounge), to my expected AE300 however, would you think the results would be as good if I also wired up to SCARTS for linking my digibox/DVD Player via RGB - no component outs - to the projector. If so it will be a hell of a lot easier than trying to get custom cables in and out of wall voids, I've been running CAT5, (and before that coax - eeek I'm old), networks for around 14 years so that seems more comfortable if the results are good.

Any idea on a catalogue reference for maplin/lektropacks on a good cable ? I'm planning on wiring gold plated plugs at each end of both the PC and SCART connection leads, I've no laserdisk player so S-Video will probably not be required, (although if the AE300 can accept S-Video/Composite over a fully wired SCART and shielded CAT-5 fits the bill I can just run the one cable,

Cheers

Edz