www.dronesplanetUK.co.uk

A

ady1966

Hi all,

I have purchased on 30th May 2019, 2 batteries for my Autel X-Star Premium drone. They have not been delivered and they are not responding to my messages. The phone number is false and address they listed is also false. Has anyone else dealt with this company or know anything about them ?

Never heard or dealt with them before but I see there is a https://dronesplanet.co.uk ,trading as drones planet UK. The tel number is 01223926577 with a shop ...Lion Yard Shopping Centre ,Saint Tibb's Row , Cambridge. Is this the same company?
Not to be confused with a company with a similar name .....they always say this on the TV:)

Hi all,

I have purchased on 30th May 2019, 2 batteries for my Autel X-Star Premium drone. They have not been delivered and they are not responding to my messages. The phone number is false and address they listed is also false. Has anyone else dealt with this company or know anything about them ?

Their website isn't even live

How can you purchase items from a website that is'nt live? or was it live ,then closed down ?

Hi all, I have just reported them to trading standards and PayPal, so they have probably closed the site down. It was fully live when I purchased the items. Hopefully I will get a refund from PayPal :(

Must admit . when purchasing I use a credit card and if it's from a company I've never dealt with before I do screen shots as I progress through the buying stage. I've had to reclaim money back once many years ago , it was a satellite viewing card , the company pulled the plug on their services 5 weeks after I bought a years subscription. The screen shots , as proof came in handy and I got a refund.

Hi all, I have just reported them to trading standards and PayPal, so they have probably closed the site down. It was fully live when I purchased the items. Hopefully I will get a refund from PayPal :(

So is it the Cambridge one posted above? Would be useful to know so others don't fall victim. I am a little confused by this thread.

Drones Planet UK still has a website , screenshot just a minute ago. So, still not sure what one he meant.
drones planet.jpg

Their address is also Cambridge shopping centre which isn't listed as a shop on the centre's website.

Hi all,

Hi Ady1966,

I also just got scammed by them. I tried to call them a couple of days after making a purchase and realised the phone number doesn't exist, and neither does their store address. I had to call the shopping centre to make sure, before starting a fraudulent claim with paypal and my bank. Paypal said they're looking into it. Fact is, I've been told by the shopping centre that they have tonnes of people call up to ask about Drones Planet. Did PayPal sort things out for you?

Hi Ady1966,

I also just got scammed by them. I tried to call them a couple of days after making a purchase and realised the phone number doesn't exist, and neither does their store address. I had to call the shopping centre to make sure, before starting a fraudulent claim with paypal and my bank. Paypal said they're looking into it. Fact is, I've been told by the shopping centre that they have tonnes of people call up to ask about Drones Planet. Did PayPal sort things out for you?
I got scammed aswell. Trying to solve it with PayPal now. I ordered a month ago but didnt complain untill now cuz i live in sweden i allowed for delay.

I got scammed aswell. Trying to solve it with PayPal now. I ordered a month ago but didnt complain untill now cuz i live in sweden i allowed for delay.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope PayPal sorts it out for you. I'm hoping they'll close down the PayPal account if they keep getting reports of scammers for this account.

I have searched Companies House and found nothing.

I've been in touch with PayPal and explained the whole situation. They said that dronesplanetuk has responded to them and PayPal will review and get back to me regarding the situation. Will update on here when PayPal get back to me, in case anyone else gets trapped in the same situation.

I've been in touch with PayPal and explained the whole situation. They said that dronesplanetuk has responded to them and PayPal will review and get back to me regarding the situation. Will update on here when PayPal get back to me, in case anyone else gets trapped in the same situation.

Same Thing contacted PayPal but dronesplanet doesnt respond there either for over 2 weeks so hoping PayPal will solve This. PayPal has given them 1 more week to respond but seems hopeless.

That's really interesting that they responded to mine and not yours. I've emailed PayPal and asked them if I can see what dronesplanetuk's response was. I'm just curious how they responded to claims of fraud. PayPal haven't got back to me yet and it's been almost a week since dronesplanetuk sent them a response.

Hey guys, just an update on my side. Paypal said dronesplanetuk didn't respond to them with more information so they've given me a refund. I did tell them I was concerned that the company are still allowed to use PayPal considering they're so obviously fraudulent but they never responded to the comment. Anyway, I'm glad PayPal have given me a refund. I hope you guys get your refunds too!

Same Thing here. Just got a refund today by PayPal since he didnt respond for 2 weeks at all so all good

The website has now been taken down.

Nope, back up again

Looks like the owner of Drones Planet is based in Indonesia.

They are still scamming. Paid by PayPal and there was no tracking until I asked.

Then it gets interesting, a tracking number by an obscure Australian shipping was given. All seemed legit at the start, but started to see the package round trip. Sent from 1 country to another country... Checking further, the tracking company has zero internet presence (shipping company cannot be found by Google).

When I queried the round tripping (tracking number was received by a gmail, not dronesplanet email) they went silent.

Requested for refund and investigation from PayPal.

Don't don't don't, do not do not do not - dronesplanetuk is a scam scam scam

Hello everybody

i work for the shopping centre this shop claims to be at and We regularly receive calls from people regarding this non existent shop and have to inform them that they aren't here! As far as I am aware this information has been passed on to relevant authorities who I can only assume are doing what they can to stop them!

please do not shop here and pass this message on to anybody relevant!
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom